Click for Abeking Click for MotorCheck Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Nordhavn

Astandoa News!

Discussion in 'Astondoa Yacht' started by sarnacho, Nov 30, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. sarnacho

sarnacho Guest

Recent news:

As far as I know, the shipyard Astondoa has signed the first A-140' motor yacht. Last week I think.

This is the first 140' they build, but some of their customers (with 95', 102' yachts)are really looking for this boat.
    When Astondoa shows something definitive (designs, renderings, ...) I'll try to put them in Yacht Forum.

Regards,

Sarnacho
  2. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

New Astondoa berthing difficulties

New astondoa has difficulties getting into it's new berthing spot

I looked on their website but I can't see which model this is...........

See video below:

Wind Docking [HD] - YouTube
  3. sarnacho

sarnacho Guest

That's a new 80', replacement of the 76'.....

The port is Campomanes / Marina Greenwich in Altea (Alicante - Spain)....

Bye
  4. ombreetsoleil

ombreetsoleil Senior Member

Astondoa 63 top deck

I saw some pictures of the new Astondoa 63 Top deck.
    It is a very controversial design.

Here a little video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECtPRjNIhC0

I must admit it takes some getting used to. Or should I post this yacht at the topic "roque ugly yachts"?

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I toured this party-platform at FLIBS 2013. It was probably the most innovative boat at the show, if not the most controversial. IMO, it's brilliant. It takes boating (not yachting!) back to it's roots. It's all about having fun on the water and sharing it with friends. The top deck is equivalent in size and amenities to the flydeck on a 120' yacht and with massive freeboard, it approaches a similar elevation too. It's literally a self contained island-for-a-day when you throw anchor, but the accommodations leave a LOT to be desired. Half the hull is a garage and the other half is a ridiculous nod to something that resembles staterooms adjoining an entertainment/gathering area nestled under the bow that's big enough for two pint-size people and springer spaniel. But wait, it gets worse... the garage has two day heads, each no larger than the glove compartment in a Miata. Sound like an exaggeration? It is, but only a 6-year-old can stand up in the heads!

I think it's grossly overpriced, but show me a boat at the show that wasn't! Asking price was $2 million. I was contemplating a sea trial and doing a feature, but then I remembered the difficulty I've had getting any information from Astandoa and I was afraid our members would have the same frustration, so I opted not to provide coverage.
  6. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

It has fascinated me from the first time I saw it. I love the innovation. Just can't buy every boat that catches my eye. However, I see how it could be great for a day on the water and cruising around South Florida. Or how about anchoring off islands.

What it made me think of was that it's the big water version of a pontoon boat. I've never owned a pontoon but on the lake I spent most of my life on there were many of them and those on them seemed to have more fun on the water than nearly anyone else. They are party boats. This is a party boat, whether it's family parties or adult parties.

So I admire the creative approach even if it's not the boat for me. Another odd boat trying to accomplish similar is Wider. However, while Wider does expand deck space, it doesn't open you up to playing like this one does at all.

I also look at what Sanlorenzo and Drettman do with fold out sections. A lot of interesting approaches on larger boats and you realize it's some smaller boats that could really benefit. Take a 40 foot cruiser and figure out ways to expand it's usable space and that would be a great benefit.

While some companies and designers are working on hull design and performance, it's also nice to see others trying different things to address enjoyment of boating.