Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Delta Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Privacy Matters

Anyone watch SonicSea on Discovery?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, May 19, 2016.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

"Song is life. It is the essence of life. And it joins us all..."

www.SonicSea.com
  2. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I did not see that, nor know of its existence. I no longer suscribe to cable TV, but will try and find its presentation on another media,....perhaps youtube eventually.

I brought this subject of sound desecration of our ocean environment a long time ago. I'll try to find that old posting.

Thanks for the info.
    Brian
  3. brian eiland

Here is one such posting, but the subsequent link to the navy's sonar problem is missing.
    http://www.yachtforums.com/threads/our-oceans-are-under-attack.11284/#post-138772

But I found a similar posting I had made on another forum back in 2005
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. brian eiland

I had written something similar in a research vessel proposal, "If we permit our oceans to become a cemetery, we may damage its alter ego the atmosphere, and ultimately our planet itself."

Our oceans are a precious resource, even beyond our own imagination. We need more qualified academics in pure oceanography, in contrast to those drawn away into military weapons development or searching/developing oil resources in our seas. We need to get more kids excited about ocean studies,… …initiate and perpetuate their interest. There are no Jacques Cousteau programs as there were in my youth. We need some training & introductory vessels for these students, and I think a few of them require a romantic image in order to lure some of these young people aboard. A SAILing research vessel is one answer.

And these 'quite vessels' lend themselves well to studies of sound in the ocean.

Brian