Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Cross Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

Anyone Know This DD Shop ?; Annapolis area

Discussion in 'Engines' started by cleanslate, Nov 10, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

I stumbled across this guy/place on the internet . '' TIMBOLIER INDUSTRIES'' Timbolier dot com Sounds good ,but?? Can not find much about them otherwise.
    Any input would be appreciated. Good place or stay away?

Was going to PM SeaEric and 993RSR to see what you fellas know, but decided to put it out to all.

Thanks
    Cleanslate
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2022
  2. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

I think I have my answer, stay away that's if they even exist. Called them Friday morning and got an answering tape. Left message, no call back yet.
    95 views here on YF with no reply. Not good....

I'm moving on.
    R&R likes this.
  3. 993RSR

993RSR Senior Member

If you are looking for routine service Shore Power Solutions on Kent Island is my choice. If you need a survey Tom Hug is the only game in town. He is a very thorough inspector, no question but his communication skills suck. I would use him for a DD survey.
    Tom was one of Johnson and Towers top marine techs before he went on his own 20~ years ago.
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Thank you for your reply. I have heard of Tom. I understand he is good. Boat is in Cape May though . I'm my own general service and repair guy for my motors, and everything else on my boats. Had a good guy here in CM but he has passed away unfortunately . Another older good guy had an accident this summer, lost some fingers in the pulley wheel and belts on a Cummings he was working on. So he's calling it quits. Both were also old J & T guys out of NJ.
    I spoke with J & T , Egg Harbor office, they claim to have a guy who is very good with the older DD. Long time J & T mechanic. Got him coming out Monday to go over my port motor to see what is needed to get her up to snuff. Hoping just a DD tune up and rack adjustment is all that is needed. But my gut tells me time for new liners etc.... I kind of want to " bite the bullet" and get them both done soon, a in frame rebuild, before there is no one around anymore.
  5. 993RSR

993RSR Senior Member

Good news is that the 2 cycle Detroits are simple and easy to maintain. Cold start without much spinning/smoke and reach the rated rpm... survey over.
    That is everything I know about Detroits, Oh one more thing. Don't buy the cyl kits from Mexico. 400-500 hours and they are done
    cleanslate likes this.
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Thanks again. That's good to know. Will be using MTU Detroit parts from J & T. Also now part of "Rolls Royce".
    After the work is done, can I now say I have Rolls Royce DD 471's...:rolleyes:. I'll have a high end Ocean Yachts!
  7. chesapeake46

chesapeake46 Senior Member

Your resale value just increased !
    cleanslate likes this.