Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for JetForums Click for Ocean Alexander

Anyone in Europe into target shooting guns?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by CTdave, Nov 8, 2010.

1. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone is into shooting who might be in Europe? I'm trying to hunt down a Swiss built Hammerli P240 in .32 cal and a Hammerli P208 .22
    Both are target pistols. They can be found in the USA but they get very expensive. I don't know the exact sequence of shipping but I do have an FFL licensed dealer here to ship to.
    I hear these are fairly common in the gun shops over there so if you happen to see either somewhere online, please let me know. There are a couple online in the States right now but the owners are dreaming what they are worth.
    Thanks
    David
  2. lobo

lobo Senior Member

check out www.egun.de - they have a pretty good selection, and prices are generally o.k.
    don't know about export procedures though...
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I hear that importing a used gun into the United States is expensive and a huge hassle. I would talk to someone that has an importing FFL here and see what they say.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I see that they have a price on a gun of say $395,00 Euro's.....is that the same as $395 and no cents?
  5. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Roughly. Have you gone the € to $ conversion?
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I take it you are not in the currency conversion business as there is an approx 40% difference between Euro and USD Today.

The rate shown on XE.COM is $ 1 = Euro 1.3926211748

This would make your 395 Euro Gun approx $550.08
  7. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

Don't believe everything you hear.
  8. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I really thought it was closer than that. I should check a little more often.
  9. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I just realized that I got the currency designation around the wrong way.

It should have read that one €1 = $1.3926211748 not the way I wrote it.

If it were the way I wrote it I would be too busy to type this reply as I would be online changing my USD to Euro as fast as I could
  10. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Converting Currency

As with everything else , for currency conversions try the internet:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

As for importing guns, good luck, I had trouble getting my belt buckle into the US.
  11. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I have my local FFL firearms dealer looking into the shipping. We believe it's not a problem on this end, it's shipping out that has a bit more paperwork.

Even if shipping was an issue, I saw several guns on the site listed above that are listed at 300-400 euros. These would sell in the states for $1500 plus!
    The Hammerli pistols I listed sell in the states for $2000-$4000. Hopefully I can get together with someone over there. One of the guys here is in Germany & has a friend wo is going to take him to a dealer to dig around. Thank you!! (not listing name due to whatever issues the gun-snatching tree hugger democrats might have with us firearm folks)

Speaking of which, take a look at what Ted Nugent has to say about gun control in the USA. BRILLIANT!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjEL0uUgo
    He has quite a few other interviews. Also check out Penn and Teller gun control.
  12. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I agree, I saw a few rare 1911's and stuff on that site that I would love to get my hands on.