Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mulder Click for Mulder

Anyone drinking tonight?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Capt Buddy, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Capt Buddy

Capt Buddy Member

I am:D capt and ginger! yf doesnt have a lounge so i had to post here
  2. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

NO...

Going to work shortly, pulling the midnight shift here in Brazil...No drinking for a while, my liver thanks me...:rolleyes:
  3. Capt Buddy

Capt Buddy Member

happy liver!
  4. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Anyone drinking

Now, if you had asked me last night !! different story...sober from Cape Coral...
  5. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yup, but for a while my liver wanted to divorce me..

Shift is over, but no drink for a while...Cutting back:
    Feel like a sausage when I put on my uniform, look like one to..:rolleyes:

Too much high octane German beer, good stuff and all that but the calories are stacked on top of each other.

Will try a week without no drink....;)
  6. captnrontx

captnrontx New Member

I use a liver condom to protect my liver from all the evil poisons that I pour happily down my hatch. If I didn't it would look like a prune...:D
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I'm reassured to see the limited number of posts to this thread. Although I held my own in my younger days, since working boats for the past 23 years my drinking has be relegated to New Years Eve in my living room. I recently heard of an owner coming to his boat to find the captain passed out on the cockpit floor with an empty bottle of the owner's best booze lying next to him. Not a picture I'd want posted on YouTube.
  8. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

I would invite you to try Crown Royal and Ginger. This drink was sent by the nicer gods for those who enjoy a "couple" of good drinks in one night and no pain the next. I prefer mine with diet Ginger to help keep the belly down. Anyone wishing to get together one afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, let me know. Cheers!!
  9. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I don't play. New Year's Eve it Mezcal and 100 proof Vodka. Otherwise it's Coka Cola. :D
  10. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

I am sure that the penalties of being intoxicated behind the wheel of a vessel is as severe as a car, maybe more and I am not promoting it in anyway. However, relaxing with friends and a cocktail isn't a bad thing if you do not have the responsibility of commanding anything with a wheel.
  11. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

anyone drinking

Ah..memories.....Crown Royal and ginger....in my 30's that was it, then first time it made me ill, switched to water instead of ginger....that was good for 2 or 3 yrs..then,,no more rye...no more scotch...no more hard stuff.....red wine now only with the odd G & T on a hot day....just can't drink as much as I used to, maybe that's a good thing...lol...
    it's also one of the reasons I don't visit relatives in Ireland any more, they come here.....between heart attack on a plate and all night boozing. it's a killer over there.
  12. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Ah poteen!:eek: :eek: Wonderful as long as you don't have to walk afterwards. Yes a drink with friends is great. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I've been working when everyone else was partying for so long that I've lost the desire. What really amazes me is when people I'm running for offer me drinks, and it happens often. I remind them of why they hired me.:)
  13. Jorge Lang

Jorge Lang Senior Member

I am in my early fifties. So I should be slowing down in the next 20 years or so, in the meantime, cheers!!
  14. Capt Buddy

Capt Buddy Member

AH, i just found my post. I thought it was deleted, never scrolled this far down :D Wife and I are making margaritas tonight, fresh squeezed key limes and oranges, simple syrup, tequila and contreau
  15. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

What the hell, I can start my diet tomorrow..

What is the address, be right over and don't be shy on the tequila..:cool:
  16. CTdave

CTdave Senior Member

I used to love REALLY good red wine.
    And really good tequila.
    And imported beer from many countries.

The drinking became much too frequent and way too much so it had to stop after my second child was born. My brother went way down the wrong path & it got him in the end (41 years old).
    Fortunately I was able to turn the switch off without help & am loving life without booze. It's been somewhere around 4 years.
    Next up, smoking. It's been a week without any trouble. Once I make up my mnd, it's pretty easy. It's just making the decision which is the tough one.

Any chance pot is going to be legalized soon? I might like to start LOL.
  17. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Yeah, been there done that:
    Quit smoking 3 months ago for the 32nd time.

This one will stick however: Went to a good friends funeral 2 weeks ago:
    He died from lung cancer: It took 19 months from the discovery until he was dead. An early detection could have saved him, but there is no pain or nerves in the lungs so you never know without a chest x-ray.

My buddy was a doctor and so is his wife..If anybody could have found out early, they would. He stopped smoking over 10 years ago, but still got it.

Sad funeral it was: My friend died 50 years old, on top of his game and with 2 teenage kids, and a good future.

Get an x-ray guys if you have ever smoked..:(
  18. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Good luck to you boys with that. I'm pretty much resigned to fate. Last try was with Chantix. Worked pretty good at first, then serious depression and horror show dreams set in. Real scary. Oh well, my sister is 76 and smokes unfiltered. Hey, we have to have some vice or we'd be a total bore, and as we get older our vices seem to leave us.:D BTW, I hear Calif. is a good place to retire with NJ coming along slowly.:rolleyes:
  19. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

Try Cold Turkey...It works every time for me..:D
  20. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

Same here. Never ever waking up with a hangover, empty wallet and fight with the misses again! A bit over a year dry.