Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Anchor Bridle (Snubber) Set-up

Discussion in 'Post Yacht' started by Tight Lines, May 11, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tight Lines

Tight Lines Member

Looking to get feedback and suggestions for rigging a bridle to ease tension on the windlass on my 43’ that is currently running the original pulpit and 1/4” chain. How have you rigged yours (lengths etc.)?
  2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

3. Tight Lines

Tight Lines Member

Fantastic. Do you know if the lengths refer to the total length eye to eye with the hook in the middle or length of the eye to the hook (per side)? If its a 30’ bridle do I need 60’ of dynamic / poly?
  4. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Yes each side is 30Ft. You want to use the whole length, that's what gives you the stretch.
  5. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I would recommend nylon for the stretch factor. More stretch will lessen the chance of the anchor breaking free of the bottom.
  6. sgawiser

sgawiser New Member

The Mantus bridle is absolutely the highest quality we have ever seen. Used it many times and it really helps even in significant waves and wakes.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

What are you guys using on larger boats with anchors stored against the hull.

On the 84 with conventional pulpits I used this :

https://www.mantusmarine.com/snubber-pendant/
    …worked very well. Now with the 110 we can’t rig a snubber from the deck. It looks like an ABI chain grabber is the only way to hook the chain from the deck. What size line would work for a 110… 1”?
  8. rtrafford

rtrafford Senior Member

Heavy duty stainless chain hook with a shackle and a 1.25" braided line and loop with chafe protection. You can manipulate the hook into place with the boat hook. If you need it, have a fab shop tack on a ring to the closed side of the hook so that you have a control-hold for the boat hook to facilitate the deployment.
  9. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

For the 110 I would recommend a you drop a line through the hawse pipe and grab it with a boat hook in order to get the end up to the fairlead. Then use a soft shackle to attach the other end to the chain.

Alternatively, you tend to get pretty good as swinging a chain hook onto the chain from over the cap rail.
  10. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Didn’t think about a soft shackle… thanks Ken