Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Comfort

Americas 200 largest yachts

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by fish, Apr 14, 2004.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. fish

fish New Member

stumbled across this article online from Power and Motor Yacht. It lists the America's 200 largest yachts. I am not sure exactly how they decided what "america's" qualifies as, but it is interesting reading nonetheless.

200 yachts

Enjoy,

Fish
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Hmmmm... I came across a list by the Yacht Council of the 5 most expensive yachts. I don't know how accurate it is, but here are the stats...

1. 244' 1991 Katana (Blohm & Voss) $68 million
    2. 194' 2001 Pegasus (Oceanco) $56.9 million
    3. 196' 2003 no-name (Oceanco) $53.6 million
    4. 247' 1973 Big Red (IHC-ex-icebreaker) 45.3 million
    5. 178' 2004 Sailing Yacht (Alloy) $35.5 million

Don't quote me on the names, as I'm recalling from memory. Of all the things I miss the most... it's my mind.:D
  3. fish

fish New Member

at least you can hide your own easter eggs.. LOL:D :D :D
  4. Insider

Insider New Member

Well how about this then: Pelorus's new owner reportedly counted £72m for her, thats about 135m $ :eek:.
    Although the prices of most "big fish" are mostly kept secret, this could be read at the time at the site of the evening standard:
  5. yachtjim

yachtjim Guest

Carl,

That is yacht council's top 5 most expensive boats "For Sale" on their system.

I think the definition of "Americas" most expensive yachts are those owned by American citizens. As far as I know the most expensive american flagged private boat is limitless.
  6. fish

fish New Member

YachtJim,
    I would agree with the definition of "americas" if it werent for the fact that at least one of them is owned by a cayman corp, and was built in Denmark. Anyway, the person who puts his shoes in the owners state room is an american is I guess it all works out in the end. :)

Fish
  7. Felixpan

Felixpan New Member

The link is down :-(
  8. mapism

mapism Senior Member

That's not exactly shocking, if you consider that the OP is by now 17 years old...!
    Besides, the original link pointed to Power and Motoryacht website, but for reasons that only YF could possibly explain, that part of the link is now overwritten with asterisks.
    So, even if it were still active (and it isn't, anyway), you could never reach it.

That said, these days it's often just a matter of looking around the cyberspace a bit better, if you want to find what you are interested in.
    If you just copy the following link, and replace the "v" in "poverandmotoryacht" with a "w", you will see that webpage, exactly as it was back in April 2004 - enjoy!
    https://web.archive.org/web/2004041...ht.com/megayachts/1102americas200/index1.html

PS: Oh, and welcome to the asylum!
    leeky likes this.