Click for Abeking Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Northern Lights

Aluminum-Diesels-Roamer Riviera for sale

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by homer1958, Feb 9, 2014.

1. homer1958

homer1958 Member

BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED 1967 CHRIS CRAFT 37' ALUMINUM ROAMER !!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
  2. homer1958

homer1958 Member

Price drop! Diesel/Aluminum Roamer Riviera--only 49k!

Just spoke with the guy.... this is a 37, Aluminum, teak decks with diesels... the only 37 1967 built with Detroits. Engines work well so they say, strong. At 49k seems like a steal.... so the paint inside does not look authentic, get a good veneer man in there and Voila. Boat is restored and worth a lot more than that probably and is a fresh water machine.

BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED 1967 CHRIS CRAFT 37' ALUMINUM ROAMER !!!!!
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  3. homer1958

homer1958 Member

This one might be really good...

I really think this is a Roamer worth checking out. It has the diesels, is aluminum, has a teak deck and been re-wired and restored. If the engines check out, and the aluminum thickness is good (and do check it) this could be a great buy. One issue is the painted wood, yes I know.. BUT, all you need to do is have a guy come in for a few grand and re-veneer it... not a big deal. What is a big deal is a bad hull, or bad engines... I talked to Bob, and it seems to check out well, but do your homework..... an aluminum diesel, teak deck Riviera of this year (an it is the only 37 diesel ordered in 67 from the factory with diesels).... this just might be a super find.... certainly worth a call plus it is under-cover in fresh water. Now, there have been several folks who bought steel Roamers who did not survey them.... Don't do that! Check aluminum too. If aluminum needs repair it is not as easy to weld as steel is, but most aluminum Roamers are good....Chris used the very best marine grade aluminum.

I like what I see here, except the wood being painted... (that is not a big deal)... this one could be the one you have been looking for (Awlgrip too).... JUST DEPENDS, but a call is free to see. I bet those diesels get twice the gas mileage of the 427's. Now, it will not be as fast on the top end, but who cares.... Homer's Roamer hits 36, but still the boat likes 22-23 mph.. that is this boats sweet spot.. cruises along effortlessly and if you have twin 653's and putt around she probably will be cost-efficient fun. If your credit is good, might be able to finance 45k under $300 a month.... heck people send more than that around here at the toll booths. If this one checks-out, (hull and engines) veneer the inside and off you go and it is not much veneer. Whoever painted that wood should be shot.
  4. Josh Barrett

Josh Barrett New Member

I have this boat now. "River Roamer"
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Then please send pictures and update us all on your ship.