Click for Mulder Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

Access to drain lines

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Jnicholas, Jan 5, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

I have the 2000 450 voyager. Found a leak that needs attention. On the port side of the upper bridge, there is a large scupper drain. Po had it blocked off with plastic. I pulled this out when washing down upper deck and the drain water poured out of the speaker and port light fixture on the under side of cockpit roof.

Any tips on how to check this drain line? Where would I find drawings showing routes of drain lines? Hope I'm not having tp pull interior apart to get to this.

Ant tips or info appreciated.

Jerry
  2. RER

RER Senior Member

...well, we've figured out why the previous owner had it blocked off with plastic. Did you have the boat surveyed when you bought it?
  3. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

Yes, both mechanical and hull. Several problems were found and a good price was agreed upon. Interior was checked for moisture damage, finding none. but we didn't see this sealed off fitting.

Not interested in finding fault on surveyor or fraud with po at this point. More interested in just making repairs and enjoying the boat. Just looking for plumbing routes and experience with working in this area.

Thanks
  4. rcoff512

rcoff512 Member

Long Island NY summer Pompano Beach FL winter
    I have a 99 Voyager. I removed the black engine room air intakes for repaint a while ago and seem to remember seeing the flybridge drains behind them. Not a big job to remove the intakes, I think 6 or 8 screws and removal of the caulking around the unit. The intakes are directly aft of the large salon windows.

The rear flybridge drains dump out of the transom onto the swim platform directly below the fuel fills. You can see the tee where the flybridge drain hose joins the cockpit drain from the engine room ladder. I would think that you may find a disconnected, clogged or broken hose/fitting behind the air intake allowing the water to enter the roof of the cockpit area. Good luck.

Rich
  5. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

Thank you for the guidance. I will check this out in a few days.
  6. rcoff512

rcoff512 Member

This is the air intake I spoke of on the 99 Voyager. As you can see it is directly below the port drain of the bridge.

Rich

Attached Files:

7. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Rich,

I have reduced the size of the image you attached. Our guidelines call for images to be 640 pixels wide or less. Your pic was 800. Please read our rules before attaching further images.

Thanks!
  8. rcoff512

rcoff512 Member

Thanks for that. I will try and figure out how to do that before I post a pic again. I did not know how big my picture was. I apologize.

Rich
  9. Ray Carroll

Ray Carroll New Member

You ever figure this out? I have the same issue, same boat,and seems like I looked behind the air intake and couldn't see where the tubing ran.
  10. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

I think you already found the fault with the surveyor. Large but unseen and unchecked?
  11. Jnicholas

Jnicholas Member

I tried to inspect behind the air intake before taking more things apart. Never clearly found the drain line. I tried to access the backside of fitting under fly bridge seat but since I'm a little larger than a 6 year old I couldn't get to it.

Wanting to be sure that this is corrected properly, I added this list to a couple of other repairs I was having the dealer address.

Now the dealer and Carver are discussing how to correctly make this repair as technician does not seem sure how to handle it.

So to answer your question, no, it is not fixed yet. I guess I'm going to have to grow a pair and just take the air vent off myself and see if it is reachable.

I'm just trying to not bite off more than I can handle with a brand new to me boat.