Click for Perko Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Privacy Matters

A yachtish sunset in Staniel

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Pascal, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

pretty packed here off Big Majors with quite a few big boats... here is a shot of the sunset last night.

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Pascal,

Thank you for reminding all of us WHY we work so hard. A little less than 10 years ago, my days were spent working on our boat and planning our next trip. It was a joyful, free-spirited time in my life, with a focus on my true love... our 72' Broward. When I started YF, it was based on a need to connect with, and learn from others. Then, it became a full time job. Some seven years later, your last post represents all that I long for... again. To escape the keyboard, put the concerns of the future behind, and sip tasty concoctions with little umbrellas.

Thank you for your contributions to YF. And thank you for transporting me to a place I hope to visit again. Sunsets from the aftdeck, far away removed from real life.
  3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Almost seemed like a recollection of your childhood memories Carl...but I know better! ;)
  4. YachtForums

The only thing missing from my childhood was the Internet. But, maybe that's a good thing! I was extremely fortunate; growing up on the docks of Bahia Mar, sketching boats and selling the same for the price of a Snickers Bar. Those were the good old days. I'm hoping to get back there soon. :)
  5. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

You know, this is actually work! My own boat, a 53 hatt with a 12' cat boat tender that I m craving to take for a sail is sitting about 200nm away... I m just sitting between charters right now at work. I guess there are worst jobs...

yeah it is work. Did an oil change on the two 20 nortern lights today plus changed all the racors along with a bunch of other things...

If you need a Bahamas fix, I have my main webcam running during the day plus a mobile cam using my I phone which broacastwd a great sunset tonight!

It s live at www.sandbarhopper.com/webcam.html

seriously, nothing beats being out on the water, whether on your kwn boat, on the job, anywhere!
  6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Funny enough when I was growing up I drew sketches of cruise ships and sold a few too. Of course my childhood and yours don't mix! You were headed down hill when I was still a child. :D
  7. YachtForums

LMAO! :D
  8. YachtForums

Sorry Pascal! With all due respect... working on a boat, is a LOT of work. The only redeeming thing is, when you emerge from the bilge, your view is often more favorable than those of us in an office. ;)
  9. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

ROFL. That was my thinking when i came out of the ER today!

But diving in crystal clear water helped a lot :)

the worst thing is bring anchored next to what I condider my dreamboat: a Hatteras Sailyacht!! Only 4 or 5 of these Ted Hood design were built... Been drooling all day!
  10. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Please post a picture of the Hatteras SY as I not only have never seen one, but did'nt know of their existence.
    Many thanks,
    Maldwin
  11. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

here you go...

Ted Hood design, centerboard with 6'5" draft or so, twin detroits, Hatteras quality... she arrived here about the same time as i did, i was busy anchoring but the lines caught my eyes, then i realized it was a Hatt!

Attached Files:

12. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Thank you very much,
    Maldwin
  13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

If you google hatteras yacht owners brochure you ll find the sales brochures as well as an article written back then
  14. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Which boat were you on?
    I was there that night too.
  15. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

i was right behing you, Charmer, a 70' Johnson... looked like you had a full house, didn't want to bother you...
  16. Minnow

Minnow New Member

I was there too, a real gathering on Tue-Wed. Good catch on the Hatteras sailboat, I had to do a close pass in the tender to be sure.