Click for Perko Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Cross

A Darwin Award Trifecta is won.

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by K1W1, Feb 28, 2011.

1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Have to give them credit for having a great sense of adventure and a willingness to accept the consequences of their actions. Too many today assume that someone will rescue them from their stupidity. These guys would have done well living a century or two ago. The world suffered a loss with this.
  3. tirekicker11

tirekicker11 Senior Member

I have to agree with this.
    When you're always abiding the law and sticking to the rules set out by over regulated countries there's not much adventure anymore these days.

Another sad detail is that the 2 survivors were dropped of in Christchurch one day before the earthquake...

What the article doesn't tell us is how these guy's have prepared themselves. I wouldn't judge them before there was an open discussion relating in their prep work.
  4. Innomare

Innomare Senior Member

What I don't understand is how they found the space for two quad bikes on a 14-metre sailing yacht with a 5-member crew.
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

As there is no trace found of them or the boat the search has been suspended.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4720296/Search-for-Berserk-suspended

Innomare: I read elsewhere that this huge pile of gear arrived on the dock next to the yacht and people were amazed as it gradually went onboard, somewhere it said one of the quad bikes was lashed over the engine hatch and there were 200lt drums of fuel lashed all over the place.