Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

95 carver 355 motoryacht holding tank filter?

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by adambomb, Mar 28, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. adambomb

adambomb Member

Does anyone know if it comes with them and where there located
  2. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

If you know where the holding tank is, you could find the holding tank vent tube at that location. The filter should be in-line on the holding tank vent. After carefully looking for sources of odors on my boat, I determined it was lots of old hoses and macerators which could include the holding tank vent line and the vent itself on the side of the hull if it's clogged or if the holding tank vent filter is clogged that would be a problem. I don't think a filter is necessary ... just something else to clog.
  3. adambomb

adambomb Member

How do you use the y valve on each head , I also have a macerator on each holding tank , what position do I put them in for when I'm using the toilets
  4. Ormond Bert54

Ormond Bert54 Senior Member

That is a true noobie question ... welcome ... there will be lots to learn for the foreseeable future.

The Y valve should send the excrement to the holding tank or overboard based on its position. Have somebody flush while you are near the holding tank. After the flush occurs, you will hear the dripping into the holding tank if the Y valve is set of the holding tank. Mark which position is which with a Sharpie. You probably have a macerator for each head and a single holding tank.

If you are sending to the holding tank, you will quickly need to learn to pump out the holding tank ... generally there is a pump out service where fuel is sold .. you can pump out when you fuel up.

The Y valve should only be set to overboard when you are more than a few miles offshore.

Learn how to determine whether your holding tank is full ... flushing to a full holding tank can force poopie up through the holding tank vent or overflow your toilets ... so be careful.

My experience is that the toilet/holding tank systems can be one of the more problematic if old and neglected.

Mike
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Adambomb, although it's good to know how everything works on your boat, be aware that you cannot use any sort of overboard discharge where you are. Most of the fuel docks have pumpout facilities, and where not the towns generally have a pumpout boat that you can call. Even with a macerator you won't make any friends if you pump overboard. Up-Island there are some serious pollution problems.
  6. adambomb

adambomb Member

I know the rules for overboard discharge thank you again for all the advice , I have 2 tanks , 1 for aft and1 for foward heads . The old owner said something about I had to switch the valves for pump out but if there both open and getting sucked out through the one pump out fitting it should still work , I think he didn't really know. Thanks again guys