Click for Glendinning Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service

65 ft Phil Rhodes/De Vries Lentsch motorsailer Virginia Reel

Discussion in 'Yachts 50' to 99'' started by Piet van Os, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Piet van Os

Piet van Os New Member

1960 65ft Steel twin engine motorsailer build by De Vries Lentsch and designed by Phil Rhodes. Originally built as one of the first yacht fishers of her time complete with 2 fighting chairs and a fishing cockpit. Built to fish the Bahamas for Arthur Stoner, she has a draft of only 5 ft but has an impressive beam of 17.2ft, rolling chalks and roller furling sails to keep her steady. She's been owned by the same family for the last 20 years and has had many improvements. Currently she is in La Paz, Mexico and the owners have decided to sell her. She is in good condition but needs a new owner to finish her 3 heads which were removed for remodel but have not yet been replaced. She needs the new life and energy a new owner can bring her and she will be ready to sail thousands more miles. Please see the listing below for more info!

Admin edit: Link removed. Please read rules.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2021
  2. Piet van Os

Piet van Os New Member

A few more pictures.

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Please read our rules. Links to external listings are not permitted.
    Piet van Os likes this.
  4. Piet van Os

Piet van Os New Member

Sorry, I'm new here so I posted a link that was removed. There are many more pictures on the listing on yachtworld and also DQ Yachts. I'm happy to answer any questions here!
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

And you can't read the rules before advertising?

You still miss the point that the owner of the forum isn't interested in sending people to YW or DQ.

This could be a great place for you to advertise and it's free, but you need to follow rules, look at the other listings, and provide the information needed here, not try to send people away.
  6. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

In the OP's defense just about every time you post on any site there's a ton of rules and legalese that nobody reads. They just hit "I accept" and hope common sense keeps them good. If you hear differently you correct.
    Piet van Os likes this.
  7. Piet van Os

Piet van Os New Member

I'm simply trying to get the word out about a great boat that has been talked about many times on this forum since I thought people might enjoy. All the best intentions.
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Ignorance is no excuse under the law. If you're representing a business wanting to advertise, I'd highly recommend reading the rules. When you go on other sites I'd suggest reading their rules. If any questions, ask their moderators. Then you can make an entrance that will be well received and not require apologies or explanations. Then let's be clear, you're not just trying to get the word out, you're trying to sell a boat. Nothing wrong at all with that. YF can be an asset to your business if you use it properly.
  9. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Unlike the EULA and Terms & Conditions that everyone clicks "Accept" without actually bothering to even skim them, the rules for posting a classified listings are not legalese, or hard to find. They are clearly labeled at the top of each and every classified section here at YF.

Untitled.jpg