Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport Click for Walker

62' Planus toilet emergency

Discussion in 'Pershing Yacht' started by Colonel Blood, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Colonel Blood

Colonel Blood New Member

HELP! TOILETS HAVE RED LIGHTS ON SOLID, THOUGH THEY FLUSH. BLACKWATER TANK WAS DRAINED THIS MORNING AND STEAM CLEANED. EVERYTHING WAS FINE. LEFT AND CAME BACK AND RED SOLID LIGHT IS ON. ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED! I am at the dock...
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Steam cleaning the holding tank??! Why would anyone do that? Could the heat have damaged the sensor?
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Pending the Sensor type; Knocked it apart, deformed it or it's stuck with debris in the wrong position.

Steam cleaning a black water tank, that's a new one to me.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

I bet some local mechanic or yard suggested the steam cleaning and charged a bunch of money for that
  5. mapism

mapism Senior Member

The tank sensor actually doesn't control the panel light directly, but it triggers a relay, which could also be stuck, theoretically.
    But considering the coincidence with the steam cleaning, it's more likely that the sensor was damaged.
    Also because I think it's a pressure-based type, very unlikely to be designed to withstand hot steam...