Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Westport

60ft Azimut steering issues

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by Justin Pavey, Apr 4, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Justin Pavey

Justin Pavey New Member

Good morning,

I am having the hardest time trying to find relays for the steering on my client's 2011 60ft Azimut.

I have gone through the parts dept at marine max (south Florida) they have been trying to contact Azimut. We have been working on this for over a month now with little to no progress. I will attach photos of the relay itself and hull ID.

I did have luck with one parts dealer on the East Coast, they did give the part#A000007965 to be replaced at a cost of $15k each and advised that they cannot sell me the relay as a spare part due issues with the "calibration" of the unit. They suggested I have someone "repair" the relays. The relays are in no shape to be "repaired".

If anyone has a diagram or has run into this issue or any feedback would be great.

Regards,

Justin

Attached Files:

2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

Is it truly "just a relay" ? As in apply voltage to the coil and it closes a set of contacts rated for a set current?
    Or is it smart? Performing other metering or measuring functions?

If it's the first one, then look in the industrial or automotive world's for some with the same coil voltage and current rating for the load.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Looks like a serviceable solenoid/relay to me.
    Any numbers on it at all?

Similar to an old Paris-Rhone/Prestolite Solenoid-relay.

With voltage and min current spec, tap on these kids for replacement support;

https://www.texasindustrialelectric.com/relays.asp
  4. Justin Pavey

Justin Pavey New Member

Thank you for the response! I was able to track one down. Going to install this week once it arrives and see how it goes.