Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Burger Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service

59 Marquis question

Discussion in 'Marquis Yacht' started by Paul Duggan, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Paul Duggan

Paul Duggan New Member

Hi all i am looking at moving up from my 1999 530 Carver to a 59 Marquis my questions are does the 590 come with the internal stairs and what are the best- reliable engine options...
    Boat safe
  2. ranger58sb

ranger58sb Senior member

My copy of the Powerboat Guide lists a 59-600 Marquis Pilothouse, apparently 59 from 2003 thru 2008, renamed 600 in 2009-2010.

"A curved staircase in the cockpit leads to the huge
    flybridge with lounge seating, wet bar, and davit."

No mention of interior staircase. The only engines mentioned are "MAN 825-hp" connected to V-drives.

-Chris
  3. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

A neighbor of mine had one a few years ago. No interior stairs and I don’t think you want to loose the space on a boat that size. It had MTUs with straight shafts, not vee drives. Also had the optional crew quarters. Nice boat. We went with him to Bimini once, handled fine.
  4. StillLearning

StillLearning Member

I have seen them with Volvo and MTU power. Generally the pricing in the market seems to favor the MTU - but due to the small number that pass through the market and the variability of individual boat condition its hard to say that is an absolute. There was one boat that was on the market in Miami area 3-4 years ago that had the next size larger MTU's. I discussed with Marquis at the time, that was available as a factory option.

Have never seen a 59 with inside stairs to the fly bridge. Have looked at both those with a lower helm and those without. I am not a fan of how they implemented their lower helm. As much as I wanted (and still want) an inside helm, the 59 implementation was a non starter.
  5. Tim Conner

Tim Conner New Member

I purchased a 2004 59 Marquis in March 2022; love the boat so far! No internal stairs; the stairs from cockpit are comfortable and easy to go up and down. Very liveable floorplan; however, I agree with Still Learning, the lower helm is not it's best feature. We're flybridge people so that's we enjoy spending the vast majority of our time; I've not yet even tried to pilot from the lower helm yet.

We have the MTU Series 60 - very good engines with great support as they are based upon Detroit Diesels that are in millions of trucks. The MTU's push her to 30 knots with a giant sucking sound from the fuel tanks and my wallet ...

Overall great boat, we're very pleased with quality, ride and comfort.