Click for Mulder Click for JetForums Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn

48 Viking tender on front deck

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by Jeremyvmd, Jan 8, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jeremyvmd

Jeremyvmd Member

I’m considering purchasing a 1988 Viking 48 with a foredeck davit. What would be the largest/heaviest tender (assuming its within the weight specs of the davit) could I put up there. Considering a 14ft (300lb hull weight) flats boat or a Boston whaler 12 impact (600lb dry weight). Might go with a regular inflatable but these would be more “useful” for me. Leaning towards the whaler
  2. Oscarvan

Oscarvan Senior Member

OK, your thread title is suggesting you were going to put a 48 Viking on the front deck of.... your aircraft carrier?...... So with high hopes I clicked.... "I gotta see this." Alas, once again language mattered. :D
  3. Jeremyvmd

Jeremyvmd Member

Lol that would be a sight to see lol
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes and yes, as long as they fit. However, I remember the impact being closer to 900 lbs and that would be pretty heavy up there. 11' whaler sport might be a better choice than the impact.
  5. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

I have a 44 Viking. I have an 11ft Carine 30hp console. Comes in around 450lbs. Anything heavier starts to effect efficiency dramatically. I'm talking in the 10% range. I run DD 6-71s.

I have had a 14ft Novourania up there. To big for big water as it approaches the windlass.