Click for Delta Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Abeking Click for YF Listing Service

44 or 45 Cabo moved with Tractor Trailer???

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by Punisherzx12r, Dec 30, 2020.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Punisherzx12r

Punisherzx12r Member

Did these boats get delivered from Cabo without the tower on trailers? Looking to move one without the tower from Texas to Maryland. No tower and running gear off...I am good on height but 16 feet wide that far across the country seems problematic
  2. CaboFly

CaboFly Member

Yes they did but they not only didn't have the tower they didn't even have the hard top on the express models. The hard top and tower were fabricated once commissioned at the delivering dealer. I would make sure you do a thorough inspection on a Texas Cabo. That climate is a very tough environment for boats.
  3. Punisherzx12r

Punisherzx12r Member

Cabo 44HTX 010.JPG What about this guy
  4. CaboFly

CaboFly Member

I believe that newer style with integrated hardtop 44 would have been transported finished as you see in pic. That is a sweet boat. Perhaps MBY will chime in.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yes, the 44' HTX was shipped as shown in the picture in post #3. They were shipped all of the way from CA to FL without any issues. The 52' express/Fb could NOT be shipped into FL so those were shipped to GA, made water ready and then run to Ft. Lauderdale for Pipewelders to do the tower or hard top. Props would be off of the boat, but shafts installed. The majority of Cabo's went to Ft. Laud to Pipewelders/Hi-Seas/P+R Canvas and then either went to dealers from NE to Texas, or worldwide on ships once tower/riggers/electronics/enclosure done that was until they were moved to New Bern factory in 2012.
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Also, I believe Joule transport moved a lot of them.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

It can be done, "Wide Load", etc. Truck would be faster than on water, but I'd still opt for on water especially if this is a new purchase. Great experience, education and shake down, and I suspect the cost would be close with either. Since there's no rush given the time of year you could break the trip up into legs.
  8. Punisherzx12r

Punisherzx12r Member

Thank you for the reply