Click for Mulder Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for Perko

43 convertible holding tank

Discussion in 'Viking Yacht' started by butch w, Sep 27, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. butch w

butch w Member

Hello all,

I just joined the forum and hopefully I can contribute some in the future, however I come for help ;)
    I have a new to me 2001 43 viking convertible. The holding tank has a few leaks at the top plate that is screwed down into the tank that holds all of the fittings for the discharge, pomp out, vent hoses etc.

I am in need of a complete new "plate" or top cap with the fitting to attach all of the hose. I have tried some home repair style methods and they have only held temporarily. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

I suspect that removal, cleaning, sealing as required will solve your problem. The tank is fiberglass, the plate a composite of some sort, both have a lifespan of decades. The sealants and O rings, not so much
  3. butch w

butch w Member

Thank you for the reply. There are a few cracks in the actual plate and some of the fittings on the top. I believe the previous owner had a block in the vent line and did a marina pump out and it made the tank expand or collapse some and cracked the plate which seems to be acrylic
  4. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

If he installed acrylic that's wrong material. Depending on size look for a piece of 1/4" thick GPO3 or similar fiberglass material, Lexan could also possibly work. GPO is expensive so don't be shocked.
    Cut to size , drill new holes as required.
    This is not a boat MFG supplied product.
  5. butch w

butch w Member

I am not sure if its acrylic or not, I don't have any better pics right now and am not near the boat currently. I have or had no idea that this is an aftermarket piece. I am assuming I need to get something custom made patterned from the cracked piece and figure out what type of gasket material to use. Thanks all
  6. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

It's a pretty basic DIY repair. Buy a piece as described, cut to same size. If you want lay the old one on top for template, Hole saw the appropriate size holes and reinstall cleaned up or replaced fittings.