Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Mulder

3607 Engine room

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by 1000 islands, Jan 20, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 1000 islands

1000 islands Member

I have been watching the snow come down patiently waiting for spring and beginning to plan out this coming boating season and I thought.....I wonder how much room there is in the engine room to store stuff.

Since it's been a while I can't remember how much space there is down there.

I have twin 8.2 Bluewaters and a genset.

Anyone know just how much storage space there is available?
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

On all boats there's a lot more open space available than is wise to use. When you're talking about an engine room it's not like the sq. footage in a station wagon. Keep in mind what the stored items might block access to or slide into while underway. Rubbermaid type boxes (with drainage holes cut in) or milk crates are a big help. You really need to look at your space and the items you want to store to see what will work for you.
  3. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

You should also be aware how hot it gets in there underway,it may determine what shouldn't be stored in there.
  4. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

I have 1989 3607 and I don't have what I would consider any storage space in the engine room. Th really only open area I have is on top of the battery bank between the motors which is adjacent to very hot manifolds.