Click for Northern Lights Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for Burger Click for Abeking

3607 Aft Carver

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by DdoubleD, Jun 29, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. DdoubleD

DdoubleD New Member

What is the make and model of the A/C Heat pumps? One works and the other two do not.
  2. mam234

mam234 New Member

AC units

I believe there is one pump for all three units, and you should be looking at the relay switches for those two that are not working. You have a relay switch that has 6 connections to it, but three are open. If you take the two leads that feed the two units that are not working, and put them on two of the three that are open you may solve your problem.
  3. subsailor637

subsailor637 New Member

What year is your boat? My 1990 has three pumps, but they are wired so all three are on even if only one AC unit is actually running
  4. subsailor637

subsailor637 New Member

Just wanted to clarify; are you asking about the sea water intake pumps or the actual AC units?
  5. DdoubleD

DdoubleD New Member

I am talking about the three units themselves....Does anyone know what the three water intakes on the port side do? Do these have anything to do with the A/C units?
  6. DdoubleD

DdoubleD New Member

Actual A/C units....Can you explain how these units work.
  7. DdoubleD

DdoubleD New Member

1986 3607 Aft Cabin
  8. subsailor637

subsailor637 New Member

So I had the opportunity to look at the underside of my boat and do a more through inspection of the forward bilge. I have one intake valve/pump for coolant water that feeds to a manifold thus delivering water to all three of my AC/heat units. Each unit has a separate fuse/switch on the main electrical panel and as stated before, activating any one of the three units activates the water intake pump, delivering water to all three units wether they are actively on on not. On my port side, forward I have two intakes, one for the AC pumps, and one for the forward head. Mid-ship there is an intake for the port engine coolant. On the starboard side aft I have another thru hull for water intake in the aft head.
  9. DdoubleD

DdoubleD New Member

Can you tell me what the 3 water intakes on the walking surface on the port side are for?
  10. mam234

mam234 New Member

I'll take a guess that your engines are raw water cooled, and those valves were put there to flush salt water from your Generator and both engines. Just a guess.
  11. Big Al

Big Al New Member

You might snap a pic of intakes on the walking surface. I have an 84 model 3607 Aft. I have 3 intakes on the Port walking surface.
    2- are the waste tanks (Forward and Aft)
    1- is the Port side fuel
    Like i said a pic is worth a thousand words