Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Burger

32 Tiara Open

Discussion in 'Tiara Yacht' started by Celtic Knot, Feb 21, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Celtic Knot

Celtic Knot New Member

Coming close to purchasing an 07 32 open. Would appreciate any feedback on this model. Will be used crusing Lake Erie - Lake St Clair and Lake Huron.

Pros/Cons Alternatives appreciated.

Thanks ...
  2. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

CK,
    Does that have gas (Crusaders?) or diesels? What's your style of boating, i.e. cruising/overnights, day tripper, fishing, etc? How many people will typically be on board?
    I think with the large cockpits they make good fishing platforms, especially if it has padded combing. Buddy of mine had an older 33 and he enjoyed cruising around Long Island/NY with no issues. I have run a 43 from FL to RI and other than a wet ride on the sloppy days, I enjoyed the ride and felt safe in 4-6 footers off the NJ coast. I realize the seas may be a bit different on the lakes, so your focus may be more on power/speed, hull deadrise (cut through the chop), and visibility (shouldn't be an issue).
    Good luck.
  3. Celtic Knot

Celtic Knot New Member

This particular boat has 8.1 Crusaders, Will be crusing from the islands up the Detroit river into Lk Huron . Do spend the nights on it. Also started looking at a Lurhs 33 FB & Rivera 33 FB, I know that they are quite different than the Tiara - I don't know that I will like captain a FB.

Any thoughts on those two convertables?
  4. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

I don't know about those two particular FB's, but inherent in FB's is that if everyone is down below, you need to be up top driving, so there is a degree of separation from guests unless they are up top with you.
    Also, in my younger days I had a 34 convertible which was no problem getting up/down the ladder. Now, I may be more apt to go with an express or a FB model that could handle a crowd.