Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Cross

2002 Carver Mariner

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by sharpw, Jul 9, 2006.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. sharpw

sharpw New Member

I just inherited a 2002 Carver Mariner 350. I have been on smaller ski boats all my life but this is the first big boat (at least for me). Today we did our first successful trip and docking...made it into the slip on the 3rd try:) .

My question...I've read the owners manual 3 times and think I have all the AC and DC breaker settings right but want to make sure. Does anyone have a list of settings for while you on shore power at the dock, while your are under way, and while you are out under generator power?

Thanks
    Skip
  2. Mariners

Mariners New Member

I have a 2000 350 Mariner in which should have the same A/C D/C panel,while underway I turn on all D/C breakers all of which you would probably need at some point wether you cruising day or night it is a must however to turn on,and or leave on, the breakers for the bilge pumps helm switches as well as the bilge blowers this panel contains all of the boat's important systems such as lighting, pumps, and navigation equipment.The A/C panel powers appliances such as stoves,water heater air conditioner battery charger wall recepticals,of course require the use of the genset if your underway or shore power if docked. When the boat is not in use I turn off the A/C and D/C breakers with the exception of the air conditioner and battery charger.
  3. sharpw

sharpw New Member

Thanks, so to be clear...while on shore power and while not at the boat...you have only have A/C air conditioner and battery charger on? What is the harm to leave all the A/C and for that matter D/C breakers on? If you are onshore power does that automaticly override DC power?

Thanks
    Skip
  4. Mariners

Mariners New Member

Yes you can leave on all a/c and d/c breakers but for safety,to reduce the chance of some sort of electrical malfunction while you are away from the boat it may be better to turn off as many that is not needed. To the second question no shore power will not override d/c power for they are two separate circuits,d/c panel breaker appliances are powered by the boat's house and starting batteries only,a/c's are powered by the marina's power or the boat's a/c producing genset.There are breakers in the right transom locker to turn off shore power before switching to the genset to prevent back feed.
  5. walteo

walteo New Member

Things to think about on your new 350

Leave on what you need to be comfortable when away from the boat. I leave on the air conditioning but turn it up to 80. Turn off the water heater and ice machine. Leave the refrigerator on. Switch water off--that way some freak event won't pump your fresh water tank into the boat, if you are not there.

Very important--turn off or disconnect shore water at the dock spigot. My hose seperated the other day and dumped a bunch of water into the bilge. Luckily, I was standing there when it happened.

When docking leave the throttles and helm alone. Turn your back to the bow with your shifting levers to your left. Push down on (reverse) the starboard lever (while the port is in neutral) and your boat will go to to your right; conversely with the port. If the bow is out of positon, bring your shifting lever up on the side that the boat is moving to while the other is in neutral or reverse, for faster action. Hope this helps.