Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Mulder

2000 56' Ocean - Davit Crane

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by 92Searay-37', Dec 16, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. 92Searay-37'

92Searay-37' New Member

Looking to install a davit crane on a 2000 56' Ocean.

Anyone have one? Brand? Size? Where is the standpipe located.

Have a 11' aluminum hull Gala Tender.

Thanks!
  2. motoryachtlover

motoryachtlover Senior Member

I have a 1000lb fully hydraulic Steelhead. It has been a vast improvement over the manual lift and rotation davit I had previously. My davit is on the bow and they put the standpipe support base behind the medicine cabinet in one of the forward heads. I was a little concerned when I first had the davit installed with how were they going to pull this off. But a crew of 2 did it in 2 days. Being in MD I don’t know who up there installs them but back a while ago UMT flew 2 guys up. It really was not a big haslle for them or me.
    Capt Ralph likes this.
  3. BigChief

BigChief Member

1996 48 ocean, marquit 1000lb on bow, 110volt power cable and boom, manual rotation. They run around 25k these days. Placement is key for getting to the center of dinghy and then over the side. I have seen them placed in the wrong location due to the closet location inside. Then it becomes a problem. Use a good quality yard for install. You can purchase it directly from marquip and shipped to your yard.
    Go 500lb bigger if you can. The 1500lb 120" is sweet
    Adding a wireless remote is a major bonus too
  4. 92Searay-37'

92Searay-37' New Member

Thanks!

I installed a marquip 6 on an older viking myself, its not that difficult. Measurements are key! Been looking at Steelhead with hydraulics & extending boom.

Believe forward vip starboard closet is a good location on the 56'