Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Walker

1999 Luhrs 320 Aft Bilge Issues

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Jake99-320T, Aug 11, 2023.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Jake99-320T

Jake99-320T New Member

All,

I am very excited to share I just picked up my first Luhrs!! Took her all the way from the South Shore of LI to the SW Coast of CT. It was a great ride. I was swapping out the original JVC stereo last night and now my aft bilge pump only comes on when the stereo power switch it turned on. Any ideas for what may be causing this?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

If it only started after the stereo replacement, then you must have messed up the wiring. Check the connections.

Typically bilge pumps have two power sources. A manual switch at the helm to turn the pump on manually, with a breaker on the panel. Also, a power source to the float switch for automatic operation. Sometimes builders get the power for the float switch at the battery switch with a breaker

now on a 25 year old boat, don’t assume it is as it left the factory….
  3. Jake99-320T

Jake99-320T New Member

This boat is still factory wired. She was untouched by her previous owner. I looked into it further tonight. For some reason the constant 12v for the bilge pump is pulled from the same line as constant 12v for radio. I will investigate more tomorrow. Thanks!