Click for Abeking Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

1994 350AC On Board Water??

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by jcbett, Jun 19, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jcbett

jcbett New Member

Just bought a 1994 350AC that has City Water hook up. We have on board water tank that will use the 12v system pump when not hooked up. Now this sounds strange to me but in the aft head the shower is using the city water but the pumps runs every time we use the sink. Now the galley sink also uses the 12v pump when we use it, but the forard head sink is using the city water system. Seems strange, I would have thought that the city water system would tie into the COMPLETE H2O system before the pump and run all the system. Anyone have an answer for me. - Dumbfounded
  2. DanM

DanM New Member

City water

Turn off the 12V Pressure Water breaker on your DC panel. City water will flow with out the pump assist. Why it is not happening at the forward sink interesting unless it has been reworked.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  3. jcbett

jcbett New Member

Dan, thanks, forgot to come back and thank you for your information. It worked.
  4. RT46

RT46 Senior Member

just be careful with the city water hook up.

make sure you turn it off when you leave the boat.

also check you pressure regulator.

you can blow a pipe under a sink and fill up the boat with city water pretty quickly.

I lived aboard and used the city water but i was very careful to turn off the water everytime i left the boat.

We now rarely use the citywater hookup and try to run off the tanks even at thedock to turn the water over as much as possible.

I did recently see a link to a water flow regulator that you can set to shut off after whatever number of gallons you select. That would be a good investment and you could select 100 gallons shut off and you would have to hit the reset button everytime you use a 100 gallons (or whatever amount you select)

good luck with your new boat.
  5. DanM

DanM New Member

Your welcome. Glad it worked out. I had a 356 for many years and got to know most every inch of it so if you have additional questions I may, (repeat may), have the answers.