Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Mulder

1993 Luhrs Tournament 380- Props

Discussion in 'Luhrs Yacht' started by Andy Sav, Mar 26, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Andy Sav

Andy Sav New Member

Hi, New member... my first time posting on any forum so sorry if I do it wrong :) I recently purchased this 380 and I can't seem to find info on which wheels (props) the manufacturer originally had on it. Any ideas?
  2. ScottD

ScottD New Member

Hello, not to answer a question with a question, but what are you trying to accomplish? I have a 2000 36 C and a couple of years ago had to send in the original props for repair. I sent them to a reputable, certified PropScan facility. I purchased the boat new and never was given any information about the props. They were able to tell me the specs of the props, also that the other places that I had previously sent the props screwed them up so bad I needed to replace them. Based upon my engine specs, e.g. WOT information the shop specified a set of ISO props that were actually slightly smaller than the originals. They work better than the originals. So, are you just curious or is there an issue with the props you have?
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

As Scott mentioned check the engine specs for what RPM should be reached at WOT. Missing that mark higher or lower will tell you if you're over or under propped. With that and your current prop's measurements a reputable prop shop should be able to calculate your needs using Propscan. They should also be able to tell you if a different pitch, cup or style prop will get you better speed at those RPMs. Depending on how old your boat is going to the original prop may not be the best course as the technology is constantly improving. You may find this useful:
    Propeller Handbook : The Complete Reference for Choosing, Installing,
    and Understanding Boat Propellers

by David Gerr

International Marine Publications Systems
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021