Click for JetForums Click for Delta Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Burger

1989 Bertram 50- removing salon headliner panels-help

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Richard2754, Apr 13, 2019.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Richard2754

Richard2754 New Member

I have a 50 Bertram that has an overhead cabinet between kitchen and salon. I want to remove it and open the salon.

Does anyone know if the headliner panels are popped into place or glued into place???
    I know that the headliner is glued to thin plywood panels, but I don't know how to remove with major destruction of the panels. Can anyone help

Thanks

Richard
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Call or stop by Glasstech in Miami, they should know. They've worked on 1000s of those old Bertram sf over the years.
  3. Richard2754

Richard2754 New Member

Thank you
  4. Pretty Work

Pretty Work New Member

Did you ever get the panels down? Clips or Velcro?
  5. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Most likely too late for the OP but this may help the next guy. Just removed all of the forward stateroom's head liner panels. Thin 1/4 in. plywood held in place with some extremely strong, I was told, commercial grade Velcro.
    Deprice320 and Breckster like this.
  6. CWV

CWV Member

This. Front panels were all Velcro.

my old 50’s salon was redone before I purchased with wood cross slats, hiding the seams which were used for headliner to be stapled in place. Replacing the dirty headliner again when I repowered the boat from 892’s to new cats was not my favorite part of the refit but it did look good once completed
  7. Breckster

Breckster Member

My 1986 had the extremely strong industrial Velcro…. Like tear your hands apart, wear leather gloves Velcro…. The stuff really works well!