Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Walker

1988 Carver Santego

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Mal, Nov 13, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Mal

Mal New Member

Hi all, new here. If all goes well in the next few days I should be the proud owner of an aged Santego. Any other owners out there? I plan to begin an pretty extensive refit of the entire interior as well as some more major revisions. I would love to talk with other owners of Carvers. This one is only 30 foot, so I may be stretching the term 'yatch' for some of you 50' owners.

I'll keep all you interested ones posted.
  2. RamSport47

RamSport47 New Member

Hi Mal...welocme. I too am the owner of a smaller and older Carver, a 1988 27 Montego. I have had it for 10 years and have done some interesting things to the interior. I pulled out all of the carpet and installed cherry hardwood in it's place except under the dinette table where I have installed "natural" stone. This winter brings new cushion covers and new curtains to get her up to date a little. Let us know how things proceed, and congrats on the purchase.
  3. Mal

Mal New Member

wow, cherry wood on the inside? I'm definatly removing the dull tan carpet and replacing it with something. I had been looking at a rather interesting product sold at some home depots. It's a rubber floor with a textured wood print. It's completly water proof and looks just like a wood floor.

Any place I could see some pics of the interior of your boat? Both models should be pretty much the same.

Thanks.
  4. RamSport47

RamSport47 New Member

I haven't taken any pics yet...I wanted to get rid of the "dead peacock material" of the curtains and aft berth first...I'll take some in spring and "try" to post them (I'm not geeky like that LOL)
  5. Sonny

Sonny New Member

Hi, just wondering how you installed the flooring over top of the access doors to the bilge area......I've have a 1988 38' Santego and there is about 4 access holes.....I had new carpet installed but would evntually like to put flooring similar to what you have done....thanks.

Sonny
  6. RamSport47

RamSport47 New Member

I have only one small access door under my dinette...I just measured where it would be relative to the side, and cut accordingly. The rest of the floor is solid with no holes, so that part was easy...i used the removed carpet as a template. In larger boats, you would install like you would in a house. The 38 Santego has huge floorspace, and hardwood flooring will look beautiful in it.
  7. Sonny

Sonny New Member

Thanks for the info...I'm thinkng I could lay a sub floor into sevral sections and then lay down the finished wood on top of that......just not sure right now....I hate to lay down the hardwood on every access hatch...anyway, thanks for the advise....Happy Thanksgiving.

Sonny