Click for Mulder Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Northern Lights

1988 Carver 27 Montego Out Drive Question

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by whereislycos, Nov 7, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. whereislycos

whereislycos New Member

After years of watching my fellow yacht' men and ladies I bought something that if my four boys sunk it or ran a ground - I would be ok with it. So the 1988 Carver 27 was a good match up. However the Outdrive "Volvo Penta" is missing.

Ok - now the clincher - I know dip about boats other than I wanted one and consider safety on the water to others and myself a cornerstone. Ok - so with all you experts out there - any idea of what OutDrive (SternDrive) came with this beauty back-n-a-day?

Any ideas for my journey in determination? The motor has been remanded - and painted some ugly red color. So no telling what power connected to the Caver. If someone can just tell me what Volvo Penta "Originally" came with this boat - I would be in your debt - well maybe over happy hour.

Attached Files:

2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Where were your friends when you decided to buy a 15 year old Carver without even a sea trial? Just the fact that there's no OD and the engine was painted with what looks like Westerbeke Gen paint tells me you're about to learn expensive lessons about boats. From what I pulled up it's possible it's a AQ290 OEM, but for what motor? You're heading to a mechanic, so your best bet is to ask yours what he has that will fit.