Click for Nordhavn Click for Mag Bay Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Cross

1987 38' Ocean Yacht

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by ichinaga, Mar 25, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. ichinaga

ichinaga New Member

Question - does anyone know if the 38' Ocean Yacht has 1 or 2 drain plugs? In the manual, it states there is one in the bow hatch (near shower bilge). Previous owner patched over lots of things down there and boat is in water now. Thanks for the help
  2. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Mine is a 42' Ocean. I only have one pretty much the same location as yours. Most boats only have one drain plug.
  3. ichinaga

ichinaga New Member

i probably should have updated my post----
    i did find the second drain plug. on the 38' ss, there is a second one in the bow bilge area. I couldn't see it - it was under the 1 1/8" bilge line. When i pulled the boat out, i saw the plug on the outside which then i investigated more. Thank you for responding - much appreciated
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

So, I'm a little confused. Yes we both have one forward of the engine room/ head area. But where are your two located then? Just wondering.
  5. ichinaga

ichinaga New Member

i have one under the cockpit hatch (center) (main drain) and in the floor (bow) of the bedroom. the bow drain is a smaller plug. Funny is in my manual , it only shows the 1 drain in the bow on the diagram.
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Some one could have added one.
    You can get them from a good marine supply.
    Perhaps water would collect there over the winter while on the hard .
    Perhaps it just collected in general ...
    When your bilge pumps are off while out of the water for the winter rain water could collect back there whereas if the bilge pump‘s were on while in the water that will get pumped overboard.

Who knows ..