Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Burger

1978 33' Carver Mariner Waste Configuration

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by tuckerrh, May 2, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. tuckerrh

tuckerrh New Member

I can't find any information concerning the origional factory waste configuration. Does anyone know where the holding tank was located, and what was the origional factory volume. The tank has been removed, the head has been replaced with a late model porcelin and is connected directly to the bottom. I have to comply with inland lake disposal regulations and have no information concerning how this was origionally installed. Any information available will appreciated.
  2. ltshame

ltshame Guest

I have the same yacht...I will try to get you some info
  3. tuckerrh

tuckerrh New Member

Information on Carver Mariner 1978 waste system

Thank you, I will certainly appreciate ANY information that you may be able to get me.
  4. Poppa John

Poppa John New Member

I also have a 33 Mariner. The unit that is in mine is a Dometic 9.5 gal. This may not be original but the same type was used when new. May I ask what you mean by connected to bottom, bottom of boat or to a tank? The PO had a 28 gal holding tank installed in the eng. compartment on the port side and a macerator pump on the toilet at the outlet point. He ran waste hose to the new holding tank and installed a new pump-out fitting near the tank. This year I removed waste hose, do to a odor (cheap hose) and replaced with pvc. I used waste hose (high quality) on the ends to make bends and connections. It works great and will be easy to work on if the need arises. Hope this helps. If you need more info let me know. Good Luck