Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn

1971 Roamer 38 Flybridge (Regal?) For Sale

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by esheets75, Aug 12, 2013.

1. esheets75

esheets75 New Member

Hello, Forgive my lack of knowledge on these vessels. I was told this model was built in a small quantity and I cannot find anything online. I found it locally and went after it for the pair of 427's. But after talking to friends in the marine industry, I need to find someone to buy the boat and let me keep the motors or buy it complete as a resto project. There seems to be no in between in my current situation.
    So here's the deal: It lived in Illinois it's entire life until shipped to Florida approx 5 yrs ago. The gentleman bought it, had it hauled and a bottom job done and docked it in a fresh water canal off of the St Johns River. He lived on it while he was supposed to be restoring it. Very little was done and now it's sat for over 4 yrs without running. He cranks the motors over every couple weeks but the carbs are gummed up, fuel is bad, etc. The boat is 100% complete down to the Chris Craft Autopilot! (and an 8 track player) It has a full galley, hot water heater, generator (not run in 5 yrs as well), rebuilt toilet, shower works, etc. The guy was still living on it until a month ago. The motors show 1300 HRS and are very clean and dry (fresh water boat it's entire life). The hull is steel and looks good all over. There is some soft wood trim but nothing unusual on a boat of this age that is all original. It's floating well at the dock and I have seen no water in the bilge.
    I'm not sure what else I can mention but I do have pictures and can take more. I will offer the boat without motors for $7500 or complete, as-is with motors running and tuned for $13,500. Feel free to reach out with any questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. esheets75

esheets75 New Member

Update

Motors are sold. Transmissions still intact as is the rest of the boat. Asking $5000 firm for the entire boat without engines. This is a "steel"! Sorry- couldn't resist:)