Click for Mulder Click for Northern Lights Click for Furuno Click for JetForums Click for Perko

1970 280se

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Bamboo, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Bamboo

Bamboo Senior Member

After I got out of the hospital I bought a old car, as my wife's car and mine needed some work, plus I've wanted a older MB for a long long time. Life is short, and I wanted a third car to be able to take one of our two MB diesel wagons "into the yard", lol. I bought this 1970 280SE, it had nearly $18K in work done to her in 2005 by the previous owner. He might have died of heart failure when he got the bill, and his wife let her sit for about two years. She had some rust, enough to worry about, and so she was not expensive, but she did drive great. I drove it around for the last nearly two months, but my father passed away Jan 2, and Mom gave me the Minivan they had, so I sold "Elvis" as my wife dubbed her. I spent ten hours in detailing, did an oil change and bought new wiper blades, and sold her for $300 more than I bought her for. I loved driving around, she made me smile. BTW I did not post about my father as we were very close and it was quite painful for myself and my family, and it's still a great loss for all of us.

[​IMG]