Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn

1969 Chris Craft Cherokee

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by ScotL, May 14, 2014.

1. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

I got permission from the owner to post this picture. Thought I would share it since I did not find anything about the boat in the forum. She is 32'

Attached Files:

2. bobhorn

bobhorn Member

Don't know about the boat, but I love the car.

Bob
  3. Carver38

Carver38 Member

Porsche 928.....one of MY all time favorites! Almost as expensive as a boat to maintain!
  4. bobhorn

bobhorn Member

Certainly not a "one car only" but not that bad as a DIY. Lot's less stuff available than for a 911 but a fantastic road car.

Bob
  5. jsherid1

jsherid1 New Member

I was a little surprised to find this pic on here, that’s my car and my boat! I am guessing this is from when I posted it on garagejournal years back. The 928 is a fantastic GT car and as long as you stay on top of the maintenance they are actually pretty reliable apart from killing batteries if not driven every week.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hope you guys know each other..
  7. jsherid1

jsherid1 New Member

Thru another forum he did ask if he could repost and I did agree—just didn’t know this forum at the time!
  8. ScotL

ScotL Senior Member

Do you still have either of them?
  9. jsherid1

jsherid1 New Member

I still have both, am starting the process of looking for an additional boat, a 45 plus foot power boat which we can cruise/fish/weekend on along the Gulf Coast.
  10. DrainPlugDoh

DrainPlugDoh New Member

L
    Owned two 928s, an OB and and S4. I did everything DIY on the OB and the S4 only needed a radiator hose during my short and gentle ownership. I find boats far more expensive to own and maintain. Much more. So much more that I am considering not purchasing a Chris Craft (own a Carver now) and just purchasing another 928 instead. But this should not be an either-or discussion. My apologies.