Click for YF Listing Service Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

1960 Roamer - Need of attention

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer: Buy/Sell/Trade' started by RoamerDiva, Jun 1, 2005.

1. RoamerDiva

RoamerDiva New Member

Hello all. New this forum. And do I have a story for you!

Several years ago, an old boyfriend and I purchased a 1960 CC Roamer. It was in the water, running, but needed some cosmetic TLC. Being young and ambitious - We dove in head first! Right into a rusty hull w/ 'bondo' all over it. And holes..... Lots of holes...We soon came to realize this was far beyond cosmetic. Projects got put on hold due to finances... and so on ... We have all heard the story. Big ideas - little budget. The relationship is long over with the boyfriend, (still speaking) & other boats have replased the dream of the Roamer. But now I have a boat sitting in storage - that I just can't bear to see it go to "the yard".

Do the experienced ones out there have any suggestions as to what direction I should go? Part it out?? Try to find buyer as is?

Guess I am just a fool for old boats...

Thank you Thank you.
    S.
  2. CCR Fanatic

CCR Fanatic New Member

Your Roamer

If you decide you want to part with her..PLEASE let us know.We live on Lake Erie.We would be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail.We have been searching for years for a boat to redo .It would be a family labour of love. Thank-you for reading this.

Mark and Shelly