Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

161' Trinity Lohengrin

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by CaptTom, Jan 23, 2007.

1. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Timing is everything. Spent the day in Palm Beach, doing research for an upcoming story on Rybovich (thanks for your time, Mike B.). Hit a few of the marinas for crew shots and more interesting photos, but came across this beauty. The new 161' Trinity LOHENGRIN. Capt John was kind enough to chat for a few minutes. Boy, if he doesn't sound like a proud pappa, beaming as he discussed the cruise from Gulfport, MS., pulling into FL and seeing how the owners are enjoying their new "toy". As they were getting ready to pull out for a cruise, John mentioned they were heading through the bridge. So I walked up to midspan and got in position and fired off over 100 shots from various angles. Here are two that help show her lines and features. Kudos also to crewmembers Nick and Frank, friendly and outgoing (and who tamed an unruly fender).
    Enjoy the yacht.
    Capt Tom

Attached Files:

2. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

I saw Lohengrin docked at the Palm Beach City docks on Sunday. I was aboard a 105' Broward at the Palm Harbor docks visiting with a YF member. Thanks for some great shots Tom!
  3. LtherSolutions

LtherSolutions New Member

SO Beautiful!!!!!!!! Great shots! Thank you for sharing!!!;)
  4. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Tom,
    Sorry I missed you on the docks, but the crew diligently reported your visit.
    I think yours was the first of a series of shots of Lohengrin. I saw John circling around Peanut Island just before sunset- If that wasn't a photo shoot I'll eat my hat.
    Glad you got to see her- she's quite a boat with a fine skipper and crew.
  5. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Thanks everyone. The shots of course are scaled down for posting here. But the full size shots really bring out her style and colors.
    Carl, I was also over at Palm Harbor today, getting some crew shots for an upcoming issue of The Triton. I'll have to post some of them (in my obsure shot segment).
    Ken, yes, sorry we missed each other. Saw the boys up top working and also Tyler. Took a number of shots of your vessel, maybe I'll post one or two (with permission, of course) I liked the fact that you had about 6 or 7 fenders out on the port side. Maybe expectin an inexperienced captain to dock next to you? LoL
    John and the guys on Lohengrin seem great. He was heading out with the owner for a peak at the ocean and gave me the heads up for the photo op. It is a beautiful yacht. I'll check with you the next time I'm down. Would like to get a shot of you and the crew for publication.
    Oh yeah, welcome aboard LtherSolutions.
  6. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

You wouldn't believe it! There was an owner who drove his 155' into the marina a couple of days ago and scared the crap out of everyone. Thank goodness for inflatable fenders! Luckily he wasn't in my slip, to it was all good entertainment for me. :D
  7. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Pretty funny Ken. All those fenders looked like pods. Didn't know what you were growing onboard.
    Here are a few more shots of Lohengrin. Unfortunately it was very overcast, so no "magazine like" shots of glistening chrome and blue skies. You take what you get.
    Sent a few pics over to Trinity Yachts today, big thanks from Billy Smith.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  8. brandonw

brandonw Senior Member

9. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Hello Brandon,
    Yes they did. Lohengrin was just featured in Boat International magazine (probably one of the few times you will see her in print). Shaw McCutcheon did the photos and story in the mag, and I'm guessing those are his shots on the website too. Nice pics.
  10. e55fan

e55fan New Member

Great site you all have here..

I happened to run into Lohengrin in Key West this past February while on a cruise..

a few pics.

Attached Files:

11. Talon

Talon Senior Member

I like both Zoom Zoom Zoom and Lohengrin, although ZZZ is the only Trinity to run the HD (High Displacement) engines.

Both are sleek yachts and your pictures show them off - Appreciated & Thanks.
    Will add the pics to my Trinity collection.

Jay