Click for Delta Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service

110 volt Refrigerator

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Sea Ya, Jul 30, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

Has anyone installed a strictly 110 volt refrigerator on a 1989 Carver 3607 aft cabin? If you did what make and model did you use in order to fit in the space provided or did you do modifications? Any response would be appreciated, we are looking to possibly replace our Tundra with a household style.
    Thanks, Sea Ya
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Check the amperage draw of any you consider (and check against what you already draw), and make sure that your gen and shore power can handle it. My energy efficient home fridge draws 7.2 amps. I'd hate to put on a big fridge only to find that you can no longer run your air conditioning or battery charger. You may also need to replace the breaker. Another problem you may run into is just getting it into your boat. Measure your salon entrance. Then you'll also need to always run your generator when off the dock.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I put a Sears 120vac fridge on a 34' a few years ago. Was the smallest one I could find with an ice-maker. worked great till I sold the boat. A few years later, I saw that boat again and it was still working.
    That model is not available but other models without ice makers are.
    Oh, It ran great on a small inverter. All at a fraction of a marine dual voltage marine models.
    This setup is not for everybody, but it is doable.
  4. Sea Ya

Sea Ya New Member

Thanks for the return on my query. I think a household refer will work better than fixing my Tundra so as to make it work on 110. The boat never leaves the dock except for storage. My 18cc is all I need to fulfill my cruising desires anymore.