Click for Walker Click for JetForums Click for YFYS Click for Northern Lights Click for Yacht Lettering

Feature: Rossinavi 43M SEA CAT 40 Concept

Discussion in 'Rossi Navi Yachts' started by Yacht News, Dec 21, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Cat 40 Concept Revealed By Rossinavi
    Rossinavi just took the veil off a new concept they are presenting to the world. It is called the Sea Cat 40 which as the name suggests it is a power catamaran in the region of 40-meters. Actually the true designed length is 42.75-meters with a spacious 13.75-meter beam. The design on the exterior is by Fulvio di Simoni. The design inspiration is actually taken from phytoplankton which explains the upper exterior surfaces being clad in photovoltaic membrane cells.
  2. The size of the vessel accomplishes much within its sub-43-meter footprint. Construction is envisioned to be in all-aluminium. In fact it still remains under the 500 GT threshold. Accommodation for up to ten (10 guests) in five cabins is available inclusive of a large owner suite. The interior design is also penned by Fulvio di Simoni. The Italian designer included a 100 sqm/1,076 sq ft salon & dining area which is spacious afforded by the yacht's 45-foot beam.
  3. "The idea is to create a link between nature, electricity and futurism. Supported by the most advanced technologies, Sea Cat 40 is able to offer excellent performance while prioritizing the environment, a real challenge for the future of boating and a milestone for the shipyard" says Federico Rossi, Chief Operating Officer of Rossinavi. The yacht can recharge with the 135 sqm of photovoltaic cells, via generators...it can also discharge power to a house or it can take electricity through shore power ordinarily.
  4. The Sea Cat 40 has several outdoor areas for its guests and owner to utilize. Aft decks are open and fitted with sunpadded areas and other al-fresco setups. A small dip pool is available on the aft main deck along with a pair of sunbeds on either side. There is potentially additional space aft between the hulls traditionally where you would store the tender on this type of craft. On the foredeck has a hidden space perfect for more intimate relaxation. It is actually sunken into the foredeck and a structure raises to reveal the secret space.
  5. Performance of the vessel has also taken efficiency and the environment into consideration. On this 42-meter vessel, a trans-Atlantic crossing can be undertaken on its own bottom. At 8-knots the range is estimated to be 3,850 nautical miles. Sea Cat 40's sophisticated AI and centralized control system allows it to maintain the batteries charge status between 40% and 80%, so as to preserve the batteries and make them last longer. Ocean crossing with Sea Cat 40 aims to have very low environmental impact; the catamaran can be programmed to navigate for the 80% of the crossing in full-electric mode, with the support of the diesel-electric mode only for the remaining 20%. On a daily use the catamaran can operate 100% in full-electric mode.
  6. With its aluminium hull, futuristic design and green energy consumption solutions, Sea Cat 40 was born to dominate and respect the sea so that the surrounding nature observes it, welcomes it and supports it. The catamaran is the result of Rossinavi's finest engineering and expertise in the shipyard's constant research towards a more sustainable nautical experience.

    For more information:

    Rossi Navi
    Via Marina di Levante, 4/B - 55049
    Viareggio - Lucca, Italy
    ****************

    ***
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.