Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay

Yacht Flocking...

Discussion in 'Popular Yacht Topics' started by YachtForum, Nov 8, 2006.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

This little trawler was named "Rachel". If you look closely, you can see Rachel's bikini hanging from the handrail below the port salon window. Hhmmm... a naked girl named Rachel in Palm Beach. Sound familiar?

Attached Files:

2. YachtForums

A new 84' Lazzara Enclosed Skylounge named "Touch the Sun". Kind of an oxymoron...

Attached Files:

3. YachtForums

Attached Files:

4. YachtForums

This is "Lady Moeshesha". At first glance, it's a Hatteras, right? While putting it through P-Shop, I began to question my instincts. I'm not sure now...

Attached Files:

5. YachtForums

Here's a treat; a 1963 52' Rybovich named "Jim Jim"...

Attached Files:

6. YachtForums

You would think rising fuel prices would make motor-sloopers mainstream again, but that would require operator skill. This is "Jamboree"...

Attached Files:

7. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Second glance and Jefferson would be my guess.
  8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Without the tower that would be one gorgeous looking classic. I love the lines of the yachts from that era.:cool:
  9. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Bertram 31

Those 31 Bertrams (posting #313) were a classic design, but what has always interested me is the apparent 'out of proportion' window height compared to the very low freeboard. It just worked out right somehow.
  10. YachtForums

A beautiful, blue-hulled Burger named "Serenity". Notice the position of the Sat-Dome on the upper aft deck (behind the dinghy).

Attached Files:

11. aboutboats

aboutboats New Member

I was on a Ka-Shing a couple months ago in Lauderdale that I thought was a Hatt until I got on board. This looks like it's big sister. The one I was on was a 63 if I remember right.
  12. patcasey

patcasey New Member

Croupier

I know the whole story on it if anyone is interested. It was originally built by Knight and Carver during the turbine craze of the late 80’s. It was 77 feet and had three giant Arneson drives on it. It was a total flop.

We repowered it, lengthened it by 4 feet, put conventional shafts/rudders on it, and eventually added a tower. The first (light load) sea trial we saw 40 knots.

The front of the house used to be black so I can see where people might think it’s a Striker but she’s all glass/plastic. Under the windows the horizontal shape is actually one of the three air intakes for the engine room. There was also a forced air intake in the cockpit. The riggers may not look like much but they were Rupp triple spreaders, but they were mounted so that the tips stopped at the transom. She has a 22' beam and fishes like a dream.

There is some bitter history I can share if anyone cares...Oh and the extension was done by Westerly Marine. I have some photos as well She used to have a red stripe around the house and a red boot stripe.

Attached Files:

13. YachtForums

14. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Spindle was the last Trumpy in the original owner's hands. She cruised annually betweeen Northeast Harbor Me and Boca Grande Fl, and was maintained with an open checkbook. She was donated to Maine Maritime and is having a new bottom fitted as well as a decorative refit at Yachting Solutions in Rockport Me
  15. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Northern Lights, now Contango was built with the idea of world cruising and the first owner cruised extensively. I saw her in Me last summer, and I understand she has just been sold again. Unfortunately I don't remember the builder.
  16. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

This Stormalong ex Impatience she is a Wesmac hull finished off by Lee Wilbur under the direction of Bill Morong [Yachting Solutions] for MBNA.
    She was originally off white, but changed immediately to a very dark green. The green was too dark in S Florida, so her 2nd owner painted her 1/3 majestic blue,2/3 flag blue. She is the ultimate Maine picnic boat
  17. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Huckins built for the same owner as the Broward Cortina above. The Broward is now for sale as they have just built a Newcastle with a Hodgdon interior.
  18. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Built for an owner who had skin cancer but loved to fish. He had previously owned a 150 Feadship.
  19. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

Welcome

Welcome to FY Maldwin. I think you'll find lots of good information here and I'm quite sure you'll add a fair amount too!
  20. vlafrank

vlafrank Senior Member

Say what?

Isn't every boat, you ask? Well, the short answer is "no"! Most of the ones that have crossed my path were out-and-out whores, not mistresses.
    They cost scads more money than they were worth, never ever delivered everything they promised, and eventually developed an unpleasant odor. I'll accept "some" of the blame for all the foregoing, but only "some."

Can't wait to jump back into the game again. Can it be that my new meds are already wearing off? So soon? ****!