Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Yacht Captain Wanted Individual or Team

Discussion in 'Yacht Crews' started by rmjranch, Feb 8, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. rmjranch

rmjranch Member

Captains position (Individual or Team) available on 80' Motor Yacht. American Flag, based in Aventura (Miami) Florida. This vessel is actively for sale. This is a family boat with owners children & grandchildren. NO charter. If vessel is not sold by April she will cruise the Bahamas and then New England. Winter in South Florida. Full background check & drug check. 100 ton license required. References required. Must be available in South Florida for interviews.
  2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Have your plans for the long range cruise changed?
  3. rmjranch

rmjranch Member

Two summers ago went from Miami to end of Caribbean and back, 6,000 miles. Last summer went on the outside from Miami to Halifax, on the outside to PEI's, St Laurence Seaway, Quebec, Montreal, 1000 Islands, Toronto, Great Lakes, Georgian Bay, North Channel (Spectacular), Great Lakes to Mackinaw Island and back 8,000 miles. Sounds like long range cruising to me? Want to make a trip around the world. Boat has made 5 Transatlantic Crossings, but she is really not Transpacific. Her Zero Speeds, that we put on in 2014, are worth every penny ($250,000). We were in the St Laurence Seaway, anchored in a large lake. Give me a break, it is a river!!!. Flat calm, at anchor, had dinner and to sleep. 3 AM start blowing a gale, reading 40 knots, 5 ft waves on beam. Boat REALLY rolling. Everyone up, put out second anchor, warm up Naiad Zero Speed Stabilizers, takes about 5 minutes and turn them on, boat STOPS. AMAZING. Everyone back to sleep. Not only are they great at rest, but the fins are so big, that they hold the boat in big following seas, where the old Naiads were worthless. I will not buy a cruising boat without Zero Speeds, any size boat. We could do transpacific either going via Hawaii or bladder tanks. Really not a fan of either, so looking for a much larger boat. Will not own two boats and we love our present Jongert.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

That is a big trip, I only wrote that as I thought you were planning on doing a MED run and I was looking forward to reading of your adventures on that great lady of the sea. Good luck in your search for a bigger replacement, finding a better all round one than that will take some time.
  5. rmjranch

rmjranch Member

We were planning on taking "Grand Cru" to the Med this summer, for a two year trip. Our life just became much simpler, because of some personal items, all good. Decided time to do the round the world trip. If we took "Grand Cru" to the Med, it would be very difficult to sell her. Interesting, we have two different possible buyers from Australia. (Boat is in Miami). One of them plans on taking the boat back to Australia, on her own bottom, a long way but possible. Will see who buys the boat. Probably someone from Palm Beach, that never goes further than Ocean Reef or the Bahamas!!!
  6. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

That boat will be capable of making it to Australia with some proper voyage planning. There have been a few in that size range that have made the same journey and arrived in one piece.