Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mag Bay Click for Abeking Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service

WOW!, I could live on this Lagoon cat

Discussion in 'General Catamaran Discussion' started by brian eiland, Dec 7, 2015.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I know, I know, this might be referred to as a 'condo cat', but what a really comfortable boat to live and travel on.

And how many other superyachts can compare with the accommodations of the relatively small 56' footer

2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I've never been on the 56', but think the flybridge sailing cat is an interesting idea. I have run about 4 different Lagoons over time and have been impressed with the sea keeping abilities of them and they do offer a lot of space. I did 2 long deliveries on a 43' and 44' power cat and a couple of short (50NM) deliveries/trips on a 38' and 42' sailing cat. I was in some nasty weather in the 44' and it ate up 7-8' seas between Cuba and Cancun and it ate it up and we were pretty comfortable. However, I think any larger sea and it would've been a mess.
  3. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I remember your comments on the Lagoon powercats when we were discussing the 'sneezing' problems that some of these powercats experience. BTW I just ran across a couple of photos with a fishing chair set-up mounted on the top of the deck of a 43 footer.

But I have also been discussing the wave piercing effects/solutions under the bridgedeck of some multihulls both power and sail. I'll link those discussions if there is interest.

Meantime I wonder how well this new wingdeck configuration on the 560 works out in a seaway? It certainly permits a very voluminous interior in those staterooms. Perhaps an interested party should go charter this cat in the Greek islands to check it out first hand. (I'll volunteer to do this exploratory trip for a client....ha...ha)

I also have looked at 'transom lifts' for my fishing cats, and this one on the Lagoon looks pretty nice,..albeit a little small for a fishing plastform.

Lagoon-560-17 w transome lift, ps640.jpg Lagoon-560-16 w transom lift, ps640.jpg Lagoon-560-8 w transom lift, ps640.jpg Lagoon-560 w transom lift, ps640.jpg
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Dunno anything about this power cat 'cept, the models look good. Maybe nicer showing an all power version?