Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

WOW...check this out

Discussion in 'Oceanco Yacht' started by mwagner1, Oct 3, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Cool...I just found this Oceanco video showing what I suppose are future expansion plans at the Alblasserdam yard...

Oceanco - PA122 Animation - YouTube

This is will be great news for future Oceanco owners if this is indeed true as Oceanco certainly has the room to expand!!!

Cheers,
  2. davidwb

davidwb Senior Member

Looks great, but I'm afraid it will be several years until everything is ready. Drove by the yard about ten days ago, and it looks exactly like on this picture by a local newspaper (Which mentions a limited amount of asbestos was found at the site/area where they want to build their new facilities. Minor problem I think, but it might cause a slight delay with regard to the start of the construction works)

http://www.alblasserdamsnieuws.nl/wordpress/2012/09/19/asbest-gevonden-op-terrein-van-jachtenbouwer-oceanco-in-alblasserdam/
  3. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Interesting....I see that the image is easy to enlarge and it is obvious that the current image of the yard on Google Earth (about 5 years old) is still showing the old buildings in the back of the yard bordered by the street...I wonder if the asbestos was found in and around those now removed buildings??

Cheers,
  4. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Any updates on the asbestos removal and construction?? It is nearly November 1st....surely there is some updates...or so I hope...

Cheers,