Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

World Wide Webcams...

Discussion in 'Boat Shows & Yacht Watching' started by CJB, Apr 2, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Hi, and I am glad you like it here!

The webcam is probably on a computer running US Eastcoast time. Talitha G seems to have arrived in Gibraltar now.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Thank you Revdcs, i'm sure that comment is taken to heart by those involved in the building of YF to what it is today. Hey and welcome to YF as well. Enjoy your stay.
  3. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Thanks Mr. Modin - they seem to have ajusted the time now.

Thanks too YachtLuver - I was happy to make the comment because I believe that people should know when their hard work is appreciated.

Best wishes.
  4. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

Might want to check this cam out between 11:00 AM and 5:00 PM, April 28th & 29th. This is Lake Boca, the site of the 2nd Annual "BocaBash" raft-up. On weekends, it's a popular place to drop anchor and get a dose of Vitamin D.

http://www.lakebocacam.com/
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Last night I saw that Lady Moura left the port of Monaco and this morning there was a big naval ship there instead. Pretty unusual to see in this port... http://notari.tv

You can also see the stands for the Monaco Grand Prix is coming up now.

Attached Files:

6. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

I can't see the naval vessel clearly but it looks to be a frigate. The LM most likely was kicked out the marinia to allow the warship to get there?
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I was checking the Monaco webcam the day after the GP and the picture has become a little strange lately, brighter at daytime and darker at night..?

Anyway, today we can see a forest fire up at the Grand Corniche. Will probably fill the Autoroute tunnels above with smoke since it is pretty windy...

http://notari.tv/

An hour later it has spread along the hills, this is about 350 m above the sea, and there are some houses up here. Further east is the old Roquebrune Village... not nice to see fire around this area!

Attached Files:

8. CJB

CJB New Member

Portofino Webcam

I found this webcam of Portofino, Italy.

Great high position and excellent camera angle as you can clearly see the yachts and the village.

http://www.marinadiportofino.com/index.php/content/view/41/54/

It is great that marinas and harbours like Portofino are starting to install webcams like this!

Attached Files:

9. OutMyWindow

OutMyWindow Senior Member

Portofino looks like "paradise on earth", I can see myself sitting on the promenade drinking a bottle of red or 2.
  10. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Phenomenal find CJB, thanks! :D
  11. CJB

CJB New Member

Attached Files:

12. conbrio36

conbrio36 New Member

Talitha G/USS Beaumont Pictures

My father was on the USS Beaumont (Talitha G) in WW2. I have 50 or so pictures from Pearl Harbor, Midway and crew pictures to share if anyone is interested.
  13. conbrio36

conbrio36 New Member

Talitha G/USS Beaumont

Drydock At Pearl Harbor 1942..........First to Post a pic, will try again if it doesn't.

Alex Laney

Attached Files:

14. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Alex, we appreciate the contributions, but could you please keep the images to a maximum width of 640 pixels? Thanks. :)
  15. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

16. conbrio36

conbrio36 New Member

Talitha G/USS Beaumont

Trying to send another from request from 1942 Pearl Harbor. Hopefully the pixels are low enough to be acceptable.

Attached Files:

17. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

All good now Alex, thanks.
  18. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Here is a nice view of the Stockholm waters where lake Mälaren goes into the Baltic Sea. http://www.eriks.se/default.asp?n1=1&n2=72
    or if you have a big screen you can look at the same here; http://www.bacoll.se/webbkamerademo/gondolen/webbkamera-alla_stor.html

Today is the Stockholm Marathon and you can see when the 17.000 participants comes along the Old Town. You can also see that Sea Cloud II is visiting today and on another of the cameras you can see the 311 m Navigator of the Seas, the largest Cruise Ship ever to visit Stockholm.

Around the corner is also the beautiful yacht Michaela Rose, which has been here before. More superyachts will arrive later in the summer.

If you like big sailing yachts, the Tall Ships Race will stop over the last week of July, more than 100 of them will stay along the quays you see here...

In the center of the third picture you can see the old Barbara Hutton yacht that is today a Hotel and Restaurant. http://www.malardrottningen.se/English/skeppeteng.htm

Attached Files:

19. RichardLillard1

RichardLillard1 New Member

The Cunard Line also uses bridge webcams on their ships. I just checked a couple minutes ago and Queen Mary 2 was headed for New York in open water and Queen Elizabeth 2 was somewhere in the English Channel at night.

These cams however are pitch black at night (no lights forward of the bridge) and they spend more time out in open seas rather than port. Still fun to look at though.

www.cunard.com

Richard
  20. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator