Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger

where to find rub rail wood for 1988 ocean yacht

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by canepole, Jul 8, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. canepole

canepole New Member

If anyone can help me out with rub rail information on a 1988 ocean yacht I would really jump and holler . Also, I need to find sum wide teak for top of transom or a synthetic replacement. Just purchased the boat and it needs sum TLC.
  2. justold

justold Member

Hello ,
    When I did mine it was if I remember correctly it was milled by New Jersey lumberman in Mayslanding,N.J.
    it was rather expensive ,$17.oo a foot five years ago. I used a plastic backing with one inch 316 stainless steel for the same cost of the teak alone . Ocean also went to the plastic in later years .
  3. Bill106

Bill106 Senior Member

Milling out stock to match the profile of your rub rail is not too big of a job and rough stock is pretty easily sourced. A picture would be very helpful. I've bought three sets of covering board stock in the last month and since the government of Burma announced a year-long harvest ban the big importers are just about out of wide boards. You may be in luck though if you act quickly, World Panel Products has a warehouse not far from you in Windsor N.C. They were just here yesterday dropping off a set and Al said he still had some left. I'd call him first thing Monday, 252-794-9944 (hope that's OK Carl!). Make sure you're sitting down when you ask him what it costs though, since the ban was announced prices have really gone into orbit, and they were WAY above $17 beforehand!