Click for Westport Click for Burger Click for Perko Click for Abeking Click for Comfort

Where to find Parts in Fort Lauderdale?- 2007 68s Azimut

Discussion in 'Azimut Yacht' started by CaptBry, Dec 13, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CaptBry

CaptBry New Member

Hello All, I just took over a '07 68s and am looking for good insight on local parts shops, and companies that know Azmiuts.

I am located in Fort Lauderdale and any info is much appreciated.
  2. Dj239

Dj239 Member

Define better what parts your looking for? There are plenty of suppliers that are dealers for Italian components, whether they stock them is a completely different animal.
  3. Dj239

Dj239 Member

Your best bet would be to research the manufacture of the components of interest and find there local dealers. Whether it be quick, guidi, gianneschi etc. These companies all have American dealers and can supply parts. Azimut also has a American office there as well.
  4. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

I met Zak, the owner of http://www.italianmarinesupply.com/ when I was looking at an Italian boat.
    He seemed very knowledgeable and honest. It all depends what you need, as DJ said.
    I have no connection, just someone I would certainly do business with for my boat.
  5. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

I've never been there and heard nothing since a friend ordered a part there in April. He kept returning to pick up his part and there was always a note on the door and number to call. He'd call the number and the mailbox was always full. I don't know if this was temporary or not, but I'd definitely call before going. I notice on their website, they do not even list a physical address. Have you been there since April? Anyone else have an update?

Also, noticed that the Corporation, Italian Marine Supply Inc. was dissolved in September.
  6. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

Oh my. I met Zak about a year ago. I heard that the county is buying back the building in front of the convention center to build a new hotel, etc. so perhaps he has gone out of business rather than relocating. Too bad. Thanks for the update OB.
  7. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I was the person OB was referring to. I went into the store in March and bought a few parts. Then went in in April and ordered 14 aft deck lights, I think it was around $1300. They charged my credit card, quoted 3 weeks. So a few weeks went by and I called, got a voicemail and left a message. At the 4 week mark I went by during their normal business hours and store locked, I put a note on the door and taped it. A week later went by and my note was still taped to the door and 5 others from other customers. I then called and emailed them for 2 weeks......Voicemail always full and no emails returned. I had the owner screaming at me over these lights, 2 months had gone by and I didn't blame him for being pissed. I ended up ordering them from Sunseeker and getting them in, in 10 days and disputing the charges with IMS.

It's sad as they had a nice store with A LOT of hard to find wear parts for Euro boats in Stock. A ton of brass fittings BPT, strainer baskets, wiper blades, lights, etc. etc.
  8. SeaLion

SeaLion Senior Member

Capt J - Thanks for that. Sad indeed.
  9. Jeffand1020

Jeffand1020 New Member

The Azimut U.S. Head Quarters is on State Route 84 1883 there are parts there in stock. I needed a prop for my 2009 68 quick they had it in stock. Had it on my boat in two hours.
  10. m/y Lady Q

m/y Lady Q New Member

I’ve recently had luck on electrical components by contacting the manufacturer sending as much information as possible on the part I’m looking for including photos and they in turn have put me in contact with US distributors. As we're starting a refit on a 1991 76 and I want to try and keep it as original as possible. We are though updating all the electronics. rm-electrical.com are in Lauderdale and have had just about everything I’ve needed so far