Click for Mulder Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Westport

1967 Grebe; where is she?

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by Gordon3013, May 13, 2017.

1. Gordon3013

Gordon3013 Guest

My client is search for a particular yacht he wishes to purchase however has been unable to locate the yachts whereabouts. There is sentimental value to the purchase of this vessel so I am hoping someone out there can assist me in my quest.

The vessel is 67' Grebes and Son vintage 1956-57. She has gone be the names The Gallant Lady, The Gon Waki, The Laelanne and the last know name The Pegasus. She was moored in Lake Union, Seattle and was know to cruise the ports of the northwest (Puget Sound, Vancouver, Alaska, etc.). Her owner drowned and his Seattle family sold her. No on in his family who are living can offer any information about current family or whereabouts of the yacht.

Any assistance and/or direction would be much appreciated.
  2. 30West

30West Member

3. donk

donk New Member

Gordon,
    Followed a thread on this boat recently. I worked at the Grebe yard as a kid in HS and College, from 1957-63, and the first hull number built in 1955 was 161, the Gallant Lady was built prior to that time. List I have is from the yard's President at it's closing in 71, when the property was in the process of being converted to Condo's. Lots of memories, I remember her, but only as a name in the yard's history, and have no record of when she was built. Wish we could help further. There are 2 Grebe's on Lake Union currently that I have visited, and I believe one of the few motor sailers is there as well, but have not been able to find her. The Chicago Maritime museum's Tom King, might have some info, as well as the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc WI's. Lisa Pike.
    Warm regards,
    Don Kusterer