Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Abeking Click for Perko Click for Glendinning

What is the total height keel to top of roof of a 1960 Constellation?

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by DouglasL, Sep 1, 2015.

1. DouglasL

DouglasL New Member

I'd appreciate it if anyone knows the total height of a typical 1960 Chris Craft Constellation.

Measurements from keel to top of roof.

Regards,

Douglas
  2. DouglasL

DouglasL New Member

Wow, wrote to the Chris Craft Museum and they responded with all the details. Those guys, and you guys here for recommending them are great!

1960 Chris Craft 50' Constellation has a height of 18' from keel to top of the roof.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hummmm
    Roof has to come off unless the driver can find a 20' vert route.
    Da,,, (darn)..
  4. DouglasL

DouglasL New Member

Yes, apparently those darn Feds put up too many low hanging bridges west of the Mississippi.

I'm now searching for a marina/boat shop that specializes in wood boats; and see if they can take off the roof, windows, doors, and the cost.
    Most I've found so far seem to want to do a hack job. We'll take it off, have someone at the destination do a new roof and frames. Sorry, not ready for that.

Douglas
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Hate it when that happens.
  6. RER

RER Senior Member

If you're going to do this.

Through referral find a guy at your destination/home port and send him to deconstruct it. Best to have the same hands doing the job on both ends. And best if it's a guy from your end.
  7. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

+1 on this, but you probably don't want to deal with your average yard. You need a carpenter skilled in this type of work, and there's only so many of these. Contact International Yacht Restoration School 449 Thames St, Newport, RI 02840 (401) 848-5777 for a referral.
  8. DouglasL

DouglasL New Member

Yes. If I go that way, I'll have the same tech that disassembles, reassemble the top.