Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for Delta Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning

Westport 164 Design Alteration

Discussion in 'Westport Yacht' started by bigboatbill, May 27, 2010.

1. bigboatbill

bigboatbill Senior Member

2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Yes I saw this already, I think they are the frames for like an awning type structure where the crew would drape and fasten that breathable shade material when it is needed.

If you zoomed in on the pic, would would see it is a frame, well at least they look that way from here and doesn't have glass inbetween them...

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/rw/1112314/Ship+Photo+Harmony.JPG
  3. bigboatbill

Seems we are on seperate pages Ron. I see the framework you are talking about and agree it must be for removable awnings. Thanks for drawing my attention to that detail, I had not noticed it before.

The change I am referring to are the fashion plates connecting the abaft bullwarks to the superstructure. The plates with the Westport name badge on them. Harmony's design is clearly different from past 164's.

I have attached a link to Westports site for comparison to the above photos.
  4. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

5. bigboatbill

Thanks for posting the images! I got distracted and forgot to post the link to to the Westport site on my last post. I am posting it now as it has a very nice profile drawing of the 164 showing the fashion plates on all models except Harmony.

I really hope the new plates we see on Harmony will follow on future builds as I find them more harmonious with the overall design.

http://www.westportyachts.com/yachts/westport164/layout_profile1.php