Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums

Uniflite

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by MysticDolphin, May 15, 2012.

1. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

Does anyone know anything about Uniflite boats... I have a 50 footer next to me at the marina that I can vertually get for free... it is in decent shape and does have twin gassers.. looked on the net ... not much there.. probably for a reason... just curious.. I have a 42 Carver..
  2. dennismc

dennismc Senior Member

Uniflite were a Washington State builder, built many boats for the Navy etc over many years, were a very popular boat out here in the PNW, however, something went wrong with the layup of the fiberglass and boats started to seriously blister, this finally drove them out of business. Many owners spent big $$ fixing their problems and indeed some were a good fix. Get a surveyor who know about them before biting the bullet.
  3. Laurence

Laurence Senior Member

Gassers?

4. MysticDolphin

MysticDolphin Member

thats why IM asking for input.. I have a 42 carver gasser and am actually content with its use of fuel cruising... it is on a lake though... Lake Texoma. I am more familiar with gas engines and can fix about anything... no experience with diesels... but I figured the reason it isnt selling is the gas engines and size... it is huge inside... It would be used mainly as a floating cabin... after looking on the net there really isnt much information about them other than problems with the hull...and I realize sometimes free will cost you a fortune in the long run...:D
  5. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Unifliteworld

..., to be precise:
    Welcome to UnifliteWorld.com!
    WHo knew (cared)?
    Fine (fine) watercraft 2B sure - especially in hands of the rite owner.
    Stay tuned for more info here - YF, where boating dreams come true.
    Cheers!
    -Eric
    (therewasareasontheusnavyboughtthemforriverpatrolboats)

Attached Files:

6. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Uniflite was purchased by Chris Craft in 1985. Many of the mid-80's 36,38,42,46 Chris Crafts started life as Uniflite models. The Dave Martin designed 46 Pacemaker motoryacht tooling was purchased and built by Uniflite in 1981 to 1984 then became a Chris Craft in 1985. In 1986 the hull was lengthened to 50 to be the 500 and 501 Constellation models.

Toward the end of their run, Uniflite had a facility in North Carolina.
  7. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Ka-boom!

Probably near Hatterassz' (iffin' that is how you speel it) facility in New Bern, but I digress. Kheeck out the scene in Bellingham, WA circa 1980 as o'so many fine Uniflite molds go upp in flamez. :(
    Sadly,
    -E
    (geeplastic/grpburnsgreatyikez)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Totally forgot about the 46' ex- Pacemaker model but Chris-Craft took the relatively new 48" Uniflite SF and built about three 50 footers, all fishing machines and twin diesels. The 50 Chris-Craft Aft Cabin MY turned out to be a dog, with a great story about their CEO who couldn't pilot a powerboat (or the company) and clipped a few bridges until they found a new "spot" for him ;)